Syfy Greenlights 'Sharknado 3'
"Sharknado 3" is officially happening. Syfy has ordered a follow-up to the yet-to-be-released "Sharknado 2: The Second One", capitalizing on its epic disaster franchise. The third movie is eyed for a 2015 premiere.
Details, including title, set and cast, of "Sharknado 3" are not available just yet, as the cable channel is gearing up for the release of the second installment. Scheduled to premiere this summer on Wednesday, July 30 at 9/8c, it is set in New York City.
According to the synopsis, when a freak weather system turns its deadly fury on the Big Apple, unleashing a Sharknado on the population and its most cherished, iconic sites, only Fin and April can save the city.
Ian Ziering and Tara Reid reprise their roles as Fin and April respectively, joined by new castmembers such as Kelly Osbourne, Vivvica A. Fox, Mark McGrath and Judd Hirsch. Anthony Ferrante returns as the director with Thunder Levin still providing the script. Filming began in February on location in New York.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal