Syfy Greenlights 'Sharknado 3'
"Sharknado 3" is officially happening. Syfy has ordered a follow-up to the yet-to-be-released "Sharknado 2: The Second One", capitalizing on its epic disaster franchise. The third movie is eyed for a 2015 premiere.
Details, including title, set and cast, of "Sharknado 3" are not available just yet, as the cable channel is gearing up for the release of the second installment. Scheduled to premiere this summer on Wednesday, July 30 at 9/8c, it is set in New York City.
According to the synopsis, when a freak weather system turns its deadly fury on the Big Apple, unleashing a Sharknado on the population and its most cherished, iconic sites, only Fin and April can save the city.
Ian Ziering and Tara Reid reprise their roles as Fin and April respectively, joined by new castmembers such as Kelly Osbourne, Vivvica A. Fox, Mark McGrath and Judd Hirsch. Anthony Ferrante returns as the director with Thunder Levin still providing the script. Filming began in February on location in New York.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?