Syfy Greenlights 'Sharknado 3'
"Sharknado 3" is officially happening. Syfy has ordered a follow-up to the yet-to-be-released "Sharknado 2: The Second One", capitalizing on its epic disaster franchise. The third movie is eyed for a 2015 premiere.
Details, including title, set and cast, of "Sharknado 3" are not available just yet, as the cable channel is gearing up for the release of the second installment. Scheduled to premiere this summer on Wednesday, July 30 at 9/8c, it is set in New York City.
According to the synopsis, when a freak weather system turns its deadly fury on the Big Apple, unleashing a Sharknado on the population and its most cherished, iconic sites, only Fin and April can save the city.
Ian Ziering and Tara Reid reprise their roles as Fin and April respectively, joined by new castmembers such as Kelly Osbourne, Vivvica A. Fox, Mark McGrath and Judd Hirsch. Anthony Ferrante returns as the director with Thunder Levin still providing the script. Filming began in February on location in New York.
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'
- 'Tomb Raider' Remake Finds Villain in Walton Goggins
- Nicki Minaj Teams Up With Fetty Wap for 'Like a Star', Surprises Fans With New Bouncy Track
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'