Syfy Greenlights 'Sharknado 3'
"Sharknado 3" is officially happening. Syfy has ordered a follow-up to the yet-to-be-released "Sharknado 2: The Second One", capitalizing on its epic disaster franchise. The third movie is eyed for a 2015 premiere.
Details, including title, set and cast, of "Sharknado 3" are not available just yet, as the cable channel is gearing up for the release of the second installment. Scheduled to premiere this summer on Wednesday, July 30 at 9/8c, it is set in New York City.
According to the synopsis, when a freak weather system turns its deadly fury on the Big Apple, unleashing a Sharknado on the population and its most cherished, iconic sites, only Fin and April can save the city.
Ian Ziering and Tara Reid reprise their roles as Fin and April respectively, joined by new castmembers such as Kelly Osbourne, Vivvica A. Fox, Mark McGrath and Judd Hirsch. Anthony Ferrante returns as the director with Thunder Levin still providing the script. Filming began in February on location in New York.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent