Kurt Cobain Mocks Marriage to Courtney Love in Newly-Released Note
A hint that Courtney Love and Kurt Cobain's marriage was on the rocks at the time of his death was released. A note found in the Nirvana frontman's wallet on the day he died was released to public after years kept in the evidence fault at the Seattle Police Department.
CBS News acquired the note from police via a public information request. Mocking Love in a rewritten traditional wedding vow, it was taken from Cobain's home on April 8, 1994, after he fatally shot himself.
"Do you Kurt Cobain take Courtney Michelle Love to be your lawful shredded wife even when she's a bitch with zits and siphoning all yr money for doping and whoring...," the note read. The undated piece of paper reportedly was handwritten by Cobain on stationery from San Francisco's Phoenix Hotel.
Earlier this year, Seattle Police Dept. reviewed Cobain's case in advance of the 20th anniversary of his suicide. They also released 30 never-before-seen photos from the investigation. A detective found no evidence that would alter police conclusion that the singer took his own life.
"I had to clear up some issues that made people believe there was some type of a cover-up," Det. Mike Ciesynski, a cold case investigator, told CBS News affiliate KIRO. "And one of those [issues] was that I had to process some 35 mm film that never was processed before."
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic