Kurt Cobain Mocks Marriage to Courtney Love in Newly-Released Note
A hint that Courtney Love and Kurt Cobain's marriage was on the rocks at the time of his death was released. A note found in the Nirvana frontman's wallet on the day he died was released to public after years kept in the evidence fault at the Seattle Police Department.
CBS News acquired the note from police via a public information request. Mocking Love in a rewritten traditional wedding vow, it was taken from Cobain's home on April 8, 1994, after he fatally shot himself.
"Do you Kurt Cobain take Courtney Michelle Love to be your lawful shredded wife even when she's a bitch with zits and siphoning all yr money for doping and whoring...," the note read. The undated piece of paper reportedly was handwritten by Cobain on stationery from San Francisco's Phoenix Hotel.
Earlier this year, Seattle Police Dept. reviewed Cobain's case in advance of the 20th anniversary of his suicide. They also released 30 never-before-seen photos from the investigation. A detective found no evidence that would alter police conclusion that the singer took his own life.
"I had to clear up some issues that made people believe there was some type of a cover-up," Det. Mike Ciesynski, a cold case investigator, told CBS News affiliate KIRO. "And one of those [issues] was that I had to process some 35 mm film that never was processed before."
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart