Zac Efron on Possiblity of Starring in FOX's 'Grease Live': 'That's an Honor'
Soon after FOX announced a TV adaptation of "Grease", Zac Efron emerges as one of fan favorites to take the male lead role in "Grease Live" special. A no stranger to musical project since he has starred in three "High School Musical" movies, the actor has commented on the possibility of him stepping into John Travolta's shoes.
"That's an honor," he said when met at the premiere of his new comedy movie "Neighbors" on Monday, April 28. He continued telling E! News, "Those are big shoes to fill. I think I came as close to it as you could in High School Musical. To actually do that? Yeah, those are big shoes."
The upcoming three-hour live TV event is based on the 1971 Broadway musical from Warren Casey and Jim Jacobs, which was turned into a 1978 film starring John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John. It is slated for a 2015 premiere, but no cast member is announced so far.
NBC previously enjoyed a ratings success with its "The Sound of Music Live!", a live TV special starring Carrie Underwood and Stephen Moyer which aired last December. The network will next take on another popular Broadway musical, "Peter Pan", for the upcoming live special scheduled to air in next holiday season.
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says
- Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Turned Into Virtual Reality Experience
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Photos: Jon Snow Reunites With an Old Friend and It's Doesn't Look Friendly
- Jennifer Lawrence Was 'Stressed Out' When Dating Chris Martin, Is Happier With Darren Aronofsky
- Blake Lively Celebrates Ryan Reynolds' 40th Birthday Amid Physical Abuse Allegations
- Justin Bieber Extends 'Purpose World Tour' After Storming Off Stage Mid-Performance
- Ice Cube and 'Hamilton' Helmer Team Up for 'Oliver Twist' Musical at Disney