Zac Efron on Possiblity of Starring in FOX's 'Grease Live': 'That's an Honor'
Soon after FOX announced a TV adaptation of "Grease", Zac Efron emerges as one of fan favorites to take the male lead role in "Grease Live" special. A no stranger to musical project since he has starred in three "High School Musical" movies, the actor has commented on the possibility of him stepping into John Travolta's shoes.
"That's an honor," he said when met at the premiere of his new comedy movie "Neighbors" on Monday, April 28. He continued telling E! News, "Those are big shoes to fill. I think I came as close to it as you could in High School Musical. To actually do that? Yeah, those are big shoes."
The upcoming three-hour live TV event is based on the 1971 Broadway musical from Warren Casey and Jim Jacobs, which was turned into a 1978 film starring John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John. It is slated for a 2015 premiere, but no cast member is announced so far.
NBC previously enjoyed a ratings success with its "The Sound of Music Live!", a live TV special starring Carrie Underwood and Stephen Moyer which aired last December. The network will next take on another popular Broadway musical, "Peter Pan", for the upcoming live special scheduled to air in next holiday season.
- First Minute of 'Pretty Little Liars' Season 7B Premiere Lands Online
- Kim Kardashian Reacts to Baby No. 3 Bombshell, Says Surrogacy Is Also an Option
- Find Out Why Kourtney Kardashian Won't Date a Rapper or Athlete Like Her Sisters
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Teaser Is Out, Captain America Will Make a Cameo
- Report: Kim Kardashian Gets in Top Shape to Prepare for Single Life Without Kanye West
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 3 Thins the Herd as Some Singers Are Sent Back Home
- Jared Padalecki and Wife Welcome Baby Girl - See the First Photo
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'