Zac Efron on Possiblity of Starring in FOX's 'Grease Live': 'That's an Honor'
Soon after FOX announced a TV adaptation of "Grease", Zac Efron emerges as one of fan favorites to take the male lead role in "Grease Live" special. A no stranger to musical project since he has starred in three "High School Musical" movies, the actor has commented on the possibility of him stepping into John Travolta's shoes.
"That's an honor," he said when met at the premiere of his new comedy movie "Neighbors" on Monday, April 28. He continued telling E! News, "Those are big shoes to fill. I think I came as close to it as you could in High School Musical. To actually do that? Yeah, those are big shoes."
The upcoming three-hour live TV event is based on the 1971 Broadway musical from Warren Casey and Jim Jacobs, which was turned into a 1978 film starring John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John. It is slated for a 2015 premiere, but no cast member is announced so far.
NBC previously enjoyed a ratings success with its "The Sound of Music Live!", a live TV special starring Carrie Underwood and Stephen Moyer which aired last December. The network will next take on another popular Broadway musical, "Peter Pan", for the upcoming live special scheduled to air in next holiday season.
- Kourtney Kardashian Cuddles Up to Son Reign in Skimpy Bikini
- Bella Hadid Parades Her Hot Bod in Skimpy Bikini in Monaco
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes