Coldplay Debuts New Single 'A Sky Full of Stars'
Coldplay premiered their next single called "A Sky Full of Stars" on Tuesday, April 29. Following up "Magic", the track serves as the second cut taken from their upcoming "Ghost Stories" album.
This new upbeat and club-friendly song sounds like Coldplay in their "Viva La Vida" era. Vocalist Chris Martin can be heard singing his lines over the beats produced by EDM powerhouse Avicii.
The potential hit "A Sky Full of Stars" will be available for purchase starting on Friday, May 2, a day before Coldplay appears as a guest performer on "Saturday Night Live". Meanwhile, their "Ghost Stories" will hit the stores on May 19.
Earlier this week, Coldplay announced that they would hide the lyrics of "Ghost Stories" songs in ghost story books kept in nine libraries across the world. One of the lyric sheets, which were all handwritten by Martin, even includes a "Golden Ticket" for a free trip to see Coldplay at Royal Albert Hall on July 1.
The band is now posting clues on Twitter regarding the locations of the lyric sheets. Some of the lyrics, including one with the "Golden Ticket", have reportedly been found.
More Coldplay News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media