Coldplay Debuts New Single 'A Sky Full of Stars'
Coldplay premiered their next single called "A Sky Full of Stars" on Tuesday, April 29. Following up "Magic", the track serves as the second cut taken from their upcoming "Ghost Stories" album.
This new upbeat and club-friendly song sounds like Coldplay in their "Viva La Vida" era. Vocalist Chris Martin can be heard singing his lines over the beats produced by EDM powerhouse Avicii.
The potential hit "A Sky Full of Stars" will be available for purchase starting on Friday, May 2, a day before Coldplay appears as a guest performer on "Saturday Night Live". Meanwhile, their "Ghost Stories" will hit the stores on May 19.
Earlier this week, Coldplay announced that they would hide the lyrics of "Ghost Stories" songs in ghost story books kept in nine libraries across the world. One of the lyric sheets, which were all handwritten by Martin, even includes a "Golden Ticket" for a free trip to see Coldplay at Royal Albert Hall on July 1.
The band is now posting clues on Twitter regarding the locations of the lyric sheets. Some of the lyrics, including one with the "Golden Ticket", have reportedly been found.
More Coldplay News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding