New and Familiar Faces in 'Star Wars Episode 7' Finally Confirmed
The cast of "Star Wars Episode 7" is rumor no more. Lucasfilm and the Walt Disney Co. have confirmed on the official "Star Wars" website on Tuesday, April 29 the names of actors that have officially joined the highly-anticipated film from J.J. Abrams.
Starring in the new "Star Wars" film are John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Max von Sydow, Andy Serkis and Domhnall Gleeson. Rounding up the cast are the "Star Wars" veterans Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew and Kenny Baker.
The names of the characters the new faces will play have not been revealed yet but it is presumed that Driver will be the main villain. Meanwhile, the veterans are expected to reprise their roles with Mayhew returning as Chewbacca, Daniels as C-3PO and Baker as RD-D2.
"It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again," director and co-writer Abrams said in a statement. "We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."
Rumors of the cast have been swirling sometime when Fisher, Hamill and Ford were spotted in different occasions in London where "Episode 7" will be filmed. "Star Wars Episode 7" is set 30 years after 1983's "Return of the Jedi". Disney will release the film in December 2015.
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless in New Sultry Selfie
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons