James Franco to Make Cameo in 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes'
James Franco is going to make an appearance in "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes". Director Matt Reeves has confirmed to Collider that the actor, whose character died in the previous installment of the film, will briefly reprise his role as Will Rodman in the sequel.
"There is an appearance that he makes," Reeves told the site before clarifying that "there's no reprise of the footage that they shot of his death or anything like that." The director went on explaining the decision to have Franco appear as a cameo in the upcoming film.
"Essentially the idea is that Caesar has ties to both communities, to the humans because he has a human father in Will, who died in the viral apocalypse, and then he has the apes who are his family now, so of course he has ties to both," he said.
"So, in a way that I won't totally give away, we essentially have a moment where you have Caesar sort of reminiscing or connecting to who Will was and what he meant to him," he added.
"Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" will see the return of Andy Serkis as the ape Caesar. He's joined by cast members that include Gary Oldman, Jason Clarke and Keri Russell. Set over a decade after the events in 2011's "Rise of the Planet of the Apes", the new film is opening in U.S. cinemas on July 11.
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound