James Franco to Make Cameo in 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes'
James Franco is going to make an appearance in "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes". Director Matt Reeves has confirmed to Collider that the actor, whose character died in the previous installment of the film, will briefly reprise his role as Will Rodman in the sequel.
"There is an appearance that he makes," Reeves told the site before clarifying that "there's no reprise of the footage that they shot of his death or anything like that." The director went on explaining the decision to have Franco appear as a cameo in the upcoming film.
"Essentially the idea is that Caesar has ties to both communities, to the humans because he has a human father in Will, who died in the viral apocalypse, and then he has the apes who are his family now, so of course he has ties to both," he said.
"So, in a way that I won't totally give away, we essentially have a moment where you have Caesar sort of reminiscing or connecting to who Will was and what he meant to him," he added.
"Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" will see the return of Andy Serkis as the ape Caesar. He's joined by cast members that include Gary Oldman, Jason Clarke and Keri Russell. Set over a decade after the events in 2011's "Rise of the Planet of the Apes", the new film is opening in U.S. cinemas on July 11.
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in New Alexander Wang Promo
- Brad Pitt Cancels Red Carpet Appearance Due to 'Family Situation'
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce