James Franco to Make Cameo in 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes'
James Franco is going to make an appearance in "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes". Director Matt Reeves has confirmed to Collider that the actor, whose character died in the previous installment of the film, will briefly reprise his role as Will Rodman in the sequel.
"There is an appearance that he makes," Reeves told the site before clarifying that "there's no reprise of the footage that they shot of his death or anything like that." The director went on explaining the decision to have Franco appear as a cameo in the upcoming film.
"Essentially the idea is that Caesar has ties to both communities, to the humans because he has a human father in Will, who died in the viral apocalypse, and then he has the apes who are his family now, so of course he has ties to both," he said.
"So, in a way that I won't totally give away, we essentially have a moment where you have Caesar sort of reminiscing or connecting to who Will was and what he meant to him," he added.
"Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" will see the return of Andy Serkis as the ape Caesar. He's joined by cast members that include Gary Oldman, Jason Clarke and Keri Russell. Set over a decade after the events in 2011's "Rise of the Planet of the Apes", the new film is opening in U.S. cinemas on July 11.
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism