Yahoo Picks Up Two Original Series From Paul Feig and Mike Tollin
Yahoo is adding more original series to its line-up. The company announced during the Digital Content NewFront presentation on Monday, April 28 that it had ordered two comedies, "Other Space" and "Sin City Saints".
Produced by "Bridesmaids" director Paul Feig, the former is described as a funny sci-fi series set in the early 22nd century. It follows a ragtag group of space explorers who find an alternate universe.
"Sin City Saints", hailed from Mike Tollin who previously executive produced "Smallville" and "One Tree Hill", is a single-camera comedy which focuses on a Las Vegas professional basketball team. Both shows have received eight half-hour episode order and will join the tech giant's comedy line-up, which includes past episodes of "Saturday Night Live".
"Yahoo is focused on connecting artists, storytellers, great content producers and brands with the audiences they want - at scale, across devices, every single day," said CMO Kathy Savitt. "We're thrilled to kick off our long-form programming with critically acclaimed creators Paul Feig, Mike Tollin and Bryan Gordon, and we will continue to work with entertainment's top creators to bring you fresh, innovative and original shows you can watch anytime, anywhere."
The video streaming website previously teamed up with Tom Hanks to bring animated sci-fi series "Electric City".
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed