Yahoo Picks Up Two Original Series From Paul Feig and Mike Tollin
Yahoo is adding more original series to its line-up. The company announced during the Digital Content NewFront presentation on Monday, April 28 that it had ordered two comedies, "Other Space" and "Sin City Saints".
Produced by "Bridesmaids" director Paul Feig, the former is described as a funny sci-fi series set in the early 22nd century. It follows a ragtag group of space explorers who find an alternate universe.
"Sin City Saints", hailed from Mike Tollin who previously executive produced "Smallville" and "One Tree Hill", is a single-camera comedy which focuses on a Las Vegas professional basketball team. Both shows have received eight half-hour episode order and will join the tech giant's comedy line-up, which includes past episodes of "Saturday Night Live".
"Yahoo is focused on connecting artists, storytellers, great content producers and brands with the audiences they want - at scale, across devices, every single day," said CMO Kathy Savitt. "We're thrilled to kick off our long-form programming with critically acclaimed creators Paul Feig, Mike Tollin and Bryan Gordon, and we will continue to work with entertainment's top creators to bring you fresh, innovative and original shows you can watch anytime, anywhere."
The video streaming website previously teamed up with Tom Hanks to bring animated sci-fi series "Electric City".
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen