Yahoo Picks Up Two Original Series From Paul Feig and Mike Tollin
Yahoo is adding more original series to its line-up. The company announced during the Digital Content NewFront presentation on Monday, April 28 that it had ordered two comedies, "Other Space" and "Sin City Saints".
Produced by "Bridesmaids" director Paul Feig, the former is described as a funny sci-fi series set in the early 22nd century. It follows a ragtag group of space explorers who find an alternate universe.
"Sin City Saints", hailed from Mike Tollin who previously executive produced "Smallville" and "One Tree Hill", is a single-camera comedy which focuses on a Las Vegas professional basketball team. Both shows have received eight half-hour episode order and will join the tech giant's comedy line-up, which includes past episodes of "Saturday Night Live".
"Yahoo is focused on connecting artists, storytellers, great content producers and brands with the audiences they want - at scale, across devices, every single day," said CMO Kathy Savitt. "We're thrilled to kick off our long-form programming with critically acclaimed creators Paul Feig, Mike Tollin and Bryan Gordon, and we will continue to work with entertainment's top creators to bring you fresh, innovative and original shows you can watch anytime, anywhere."
The video streaming website previously teamed up with Tom Hanks to bring animated sci-fi series "Electric City".
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny