Yahoo Picks Up Two Original Series From Paul Feig and Mike Tollin
Yahoo is adding more original series to its line-up. The company announced during the Digital Content NewFront presentation on Monday, April 28 that it had ordered two comedies, "Other Space" and "Sin City Saints".
Produced by "Bridesmaids" director Paul Feig, the former is described as a funny sci-fi series set in the early 22nd century. It follows a ragtag group of space explorers who find an alternate universe.
"Sin City Saints", hailed from Mike Tollin who previously executive produced "Smallville" and "One Tree Hill", is a single-camera comedy which focuses on a Las Vegas professional basketball team. Both shows have received eight half-hour episode order and will join the tech giant's comedy line-up, which includes past episodes of "Saturday Night Live".
"Yahoo is focused on connecting artists, storytellers, great content producers and brands with the audiences they want - at scale, across devices, every single day," said CMO Kathy Savitt. "We're thrilled to kick off our long-form programming with critically acclaimed creators Paul Feig, Mike Tollin and Bryan Gordon, and we will continue to work with entertainment's top creators to bring you fresh, innovative and original shows you can watch anytime, anywhere."
The video streaming website previously teamed up with Tom Hanks to bring animated sci-fi series "Electric City".
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked