Chris Martin: Gwyneth Paltrow Split Influences Coldplay's New Album
Chris Martin has revealed the impact of his recent split with Gwyneth Paltrow on Coldplay's new album, "Ghost Stories". In a new interview with Radio 1's Zane Lowe, the British band's frontman said that some tracks in the record were inspired by the issues he and his actress wife had.
"I think in life everyone needs to be broken in some way," the 37-year-old vocalist said. "I think everyone in their life goes through challenges, whether it's love or money, kids or illness. You have to really not run away from that stuff. Life throws these colorful challenges at you... What we decided to do on 'Ghost Stories' was to really be honest about it and say, this is what's been happening."
"Up to a certain point in my life I wasn't completely vulnerable and it caused some problems," he continued. "If you don't let love in then you can't really give it back. So what 'Ghost Stories' means to me is like, you've got to open yourself up to love and if you really do, of course it will be painful at times, but then it will be great at some point."
Martin and Paltrow announced their split in an entry titled "Conscious Uncoupling" on her blog in March. During the interview, Martin said that he's the one to blame for the break-up. "About two years ago I was a mess, really, because I can't enjoy the things that we are good at and I can't enjoy the great things around me because I'm burdened by this," he explained.
"Ghost Stories" is scheduled to be released on May 19. The record has so far been preceded by official lead single "Magic" and promo track "Midnight".
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent