Keira Knightley Says Husband Tried to Give Her Guitar Lessons for 'Begin Again' Role
Keira Knightley chatted a bit about her role in "Begin Again" and her marriage with E! News at the premiere of the movie at the Tribeca International Film Festival. The British star, who plays a singer alongside Adam Levine in the flick, says that her musician husband James Righton tried to help with the role.
"He tried to teach me how to play the guitar and I tried not to kill him - so that was about it. And he stopped trying to teach me the guitar 'cause I'm not very good at it," she said with a joke when she was asked about receiving advice from Righton. The interviewer then mentioned that she and the Klaxons member would be celebrating their first wedding anniversary soon.
The 29-year-old actress apparently was so busy she did not notice the date. "Oh yeah, is it?!" she said. When asked about how her marriage is going, Knightley who got married on May 4 in South France answered with a smile that they were still together.
As reported by The Associated Press, Knightley called her co-star Levine "natural entertainer." She praised him, "[Levine was] sensational in this film." Knightley then admitted to being nervous because she had to sing. "I was completely terrified. I didn't anticipate being as frightened as I was. I said yes to doing it and I was [like], 'Oh, it's gonna be fine, it's gonna be fine,' and then suddenly I found myself in a studio with real people who did it for a living and I was like, 'I don't know what I'm doing. I'm pretending,' " she shared.
More Keira Knightley News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding