More Heartwarming Scenes Offered in 'Fault in Our Stars' Extended Trailer
An extended trailer of "The Fault in Our Stars" was shown in theaters before "The Other Woman (2014)" this week. Audience get to see the lighter side of the teen drama about two teenagers with cancer.
The first 30-second of the three-minute trailer starts off similar to the first trailer. "I believe we have a choice in this world about how to tell sad stories," Shailene Woodley's Hazel says via voiceover. "On the one hand, you can sugarcoat it, how nothing is too messed up that can't be fixed with a Peter Gabriel song. I like that version as much as the next girl does - it's just not the truth."
Dry sense of humor is added to the support group session where Mike Birbiglia's Patric solves awkwardness with music. The personality of Ansel Elgort's Augustus Waters is later shown more in the cigarette metaphor. "They don't actually hurt you unless you light them," Gus says as he holds an unlit cigar in between his lips. "You put the thing that does the killing right between your teeth, but you never give it the power to kill you."
There is also a quick glimpse of the book "An Imperial Affliction" which Gus and Hazel bond over. Then Hazel says, "I fell in love the way you fall asleep, slowly and then all at once."
"The Fault in Our Stars", which is adapted from John Green's best-selling novel, hits U.S. theaters June 6.
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Corinne Can't Have 'a Normal Relationship', Nick Picks Top Three
- A Little Too Early? Kourtney Kardashian Lets 4-Year-Old Daughter Penelope Wear a Lip Ring
- 'Gossip Girl' Alum Penn Badgley Marries Domino Kirke in Brooklyn Courthouse
- 'Dancing with the Stars': 'Glee' Star Heather Morris Joins Season 24, Some Pairings Are Revealed
- DJ Khaled Films Top Secret Video With Justin Bieber, Chance The Rapper and More
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards