Miley Cyrus Speaks on Scary and Boring Hospitalization
For the first time since her hospitalization, Miley Cyrus spoke about the scary ordeal and joked about it. "I'm doing good," the 21-year-old singer told Ryan Seacrest and Ellen K. "I'm much better; happy to be on the phone with you guys, happy to be getting back on the road. You have no idea."
Two weeks ago, Cyrus was having flu-like symptoms when she was prescribed medication used as an alternative to penicillin. She ended up being allergic to the treatment and was admitted to a hospital in Kansas City on April 15.
"It was so scary," Cyrus told Seacrest on Monday morning. "When you're allergic to something, you're literally poisoning yourself, so I had just been poisoning myself for a week with something I didn't know I was really, scary allergic to."
She actually left the hospital several times to continue her Bangerz tour but kept showing symptoms of allergy that she was rushed back. "Being on the road, especially me, I'm not someone that wants to lay down and actually get 100 percent better," she said. "It was like every two or three hours I would be OK, and then all of the sudden it would happen to me again. It was insane. I was begging the doctors, 'Let me out just to do the show,' but there was basically no way."
Cyrus eventually postponed the tour and spent almost a week at the hospital. "I was crying because I was so bored. I'm laying here hooked to all these machines. Every two hours, some woman comes in and pokes me with a needle, just miserable," she recalled.
The upside from the hospitalization was the ice cream and food from Cracker Barrel that she enjoyed while recuperating. She also "ended up doing way too much online shopping, and whatever they had me on to make me not in pain, I made very questionable choices about what I bought. I'm like, 'I don't know what this hot pink mini skirt is that I bought in the hospital.' "
Cyrus is now healthy at her home in Los Angeles and will resume her tour in Europe. The canceled U.S. dates will be rescheduled for August.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake