Tank Refuses to Sing at Clippers Game Following Donald Sterling's Racist Rant
Tank joins a series of stars boycotting Los Angeles Clippers, hot on the heels of Donald Sterling's insulting comments towards black people. The R&B singer was initially planned to sing National Anthem at Clippers' playoff game this coming Tuesday, April 29, but he backed out of the gig.
"As an African American man and artist, I must take a stand on a matter that is so deeply personal to me," Tank says to TMZ. "In light of the recent disturbing and offensive allegations, in good conscience, I cannot move forward with my scheduled appearance at Tuesday's Los Angeles Clippers game."
The singer also calls NBA to take action, saying that he refuses to do anything related to the league until the matter is resolved.
Sterling was caught on tape this weekend berating his girlfriend, V. Stiviano, for hanging out with black people. "Why are you taking pictures with minorities...why?" he complained. "It bothers me a lot that you want to broadcast that you're associating with black people."
Snoop Dogg, Magic Johnson, LeBron James, Lil Wayne, and Kevin Hart slammed the NBA team owner. President Barack Obama also blasted his "ignorant" comment. Even Sterling's family was distancing themselves from him as his estranged wife said, "My children and I do not share these despicable views or prejudices."
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked