George Clooney's Engagement to Amal Alamuddin Officially Confirmed
It's true! George Clooney is indeed engaged to marry his girlfriend, British Lawyer Amal Alamuddin. Soon after news of the couple's betrothal broke out, her law firm sends a congratulatory message and confirms the rumor in the process.
"The barristers and staff of Doughty Street Chambers offer their best wishes and congratulations to Ms Amal Alamuddin, a member of Chambers, and Mr George Clooney on their engagement to be married," the firm says in a statement quoted by Reuters.
The actor's father, Nicholas Clooney, also confirms the news. "It's true, and we're thrilled. We think Amal is a wonderful girl, and it's wonderful news. We think it will be a great marriage," he tells New York Daily News.
Clooney and Alamuddin were first romantically linked in October 2013. She was spotted wearing a conspicuous ring on her left ring finger when dining with friends including model Cindy Crawford and her husband Rande Gerber in Los Angeles last week.
It will be Clooney's second marriage. He was once married to actress Talia Balsam in 1989 before divorcing in 1993. In the past, he was linked to many Hollywood beauties including Elisabetta Canalis, Renee Zellweger, and Stacy Keibler.
"This is the healthiest relationship I've ever seen George in," a source said of his relationship with brunette beauty Alamuddin. The insider added to Us Weekly, "He likes a woman with brains and class. She's the full package."
More George Clooney News
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'