Victoria's Secret Model Cara Delevingne Cast as Mermaid in Peter Pan Movie
Another famous face is added to the cast ensemble of Joe Wright's "Pan". Deadline reports Victoria's Secret model Cara Delevingne is in talks for a small role in the live-action adaptation of Peter Pan, and The Sun now reveals she is tapped to play a mermaid.
"It will be quite a demanding role as there will be a lot of underwater work and stunts," a source says. "Filming underwater could scare a lot of actresses but Cara is definitely up for the challenge."
The U.K. runway beauty joins previously-confirmed members like Hugh Jackman as Blackbeard, Garrett Hedlund as Hook, Rooney Mara as Tiger Lily, Adeel Akhtar as Smee, Levi Miller as Peter, and Amanda Seyfried as Mary.
Scripted by Jason Fuchs, the film will offer a new take on the origin of the classic characters created by J.M. Barrie. It is set by Warner Bros. for a worldwide release on July 17, 2015.
Delevingne made her brief debut on big screen as Princess Sorokina in 2012's "Anna Karenina". She will next appear in psychological thriller "The Face of an Angel" which is inspired by the real-life story of Amanda Knox. She is also in negotiations to star in period romance movie "Tulip Fever" for The Weinstein Company.
More Pan News
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale
- 'Toy Story 4' Release Date Delayed Again, 'The Incredibles 2' Moved Up
- Tom Cruise Secretly Romancing a British Woman and He's 'Serious' About It
- Kim Kardashian Concierge Says Robbers Didn't Want Her Jewelry. What Were They After, Then?
- Prince's Rep Addresses Jay-Z's Rumored $40 Million Offer for His Unreleased Music
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Showrunner Bryan Fuller Departs the TV Series