Victoria's Secret Model Cara Delevingne Cast as Mermaid in Peter Pan Movie
Another famous face is added to the cast ensemble of Joe Wright's "Pan". Deadline reports Victoria's Secret model Cara Delevingne is in talks for a small role in the live-action adaptation of Peter Pan, and The Sun now reveals she is tapped to play a mermaid.
"It will be quite a demanding role as there will be a lot of underwater work and stunts," a source says. "Filming underwater could scare a lot of actresses but Cara is definitely up for the challenge."
The U.K. runway beauty joins previously-confirmed members like Hugh Jackman as Blackbeard, Garrett Hedlund as Hook, Rooney Mara as Tiger Lily, Adeel Akhtar as Smee, Levi Miller as Peter, and Amanda Seyfried as Mary.
Scripted by Jason Fuchs, the film will offer a new take on the origin of the classic characters created by J.M. Barrie. It is set by Warner Bros. for a worldwide release on July 17, 2015.
Delevingne made her brief debut on big screen as Princess Sorokina in 2012's "Anna Karenina". She will next appear in psychological thriller "The Face of an Angel" which is inspired by the real-life story of Amanda Knox. She is also in negotiations to star in period romance movie "Tulip Fever" for The Weinstein Company.
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman