Victoria's Secret Model Cara Delevingne Cast as Mermaid in Peter Pan Movie
Another famous face is added to the cast ensemble of Joe Wright's "Pan". Deadline reports Victoria's Secret model Cara Delevingne is in talks for a small role in the live-action adaptation of Peter Pan, and The Sun now reveals she is tapped to play a mermaid.
"It will be quite a demanding role as there will be a lot of underwater work and stunts," a source says. "Filming underwater could scare a lot of actresses but Cara is definitely up for the challenge."
The U.K. runway beauty joins previously-confirmed members like Hugh Jackman as Blackbeard, Garrett Hedlund as Hook, Rooney Mara as Tiger Lily, Adeel Akhtar as Smee, Levi Miller as Peter, and Amanda Seyfried as Mary.
Scripted by Jason Fuchs, the film will offer a new take on the origin of the classic characters created by J.M. Barrie. It is set by Warner Bros. for a worldwide release on July 17, 2015.
Delevingne made her brief debut on big screen as Princess Sorokina in 2012's "Anna Karenina". She will next appear in psychological thriller "The Face of an Angel" which is inspired by the real-life story of Amanda Knox. She is also in negotiations to star in period romance movie "Tulip Fever" for The Weinstein Company.
More Pan News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'