Scarlett Witch's Cameo Cut From 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
Turns out rumor that Scarlett Witch might appear in "X-Men: Days of Future Past" is not far from the truth. Quicksilver's famous sister was indeed supposed to make a cameo in the movie, but director Bryan Singer decided he didn't need her and eventually cut her off.
The Scarlett rumor arose after a "Days of Future Past" picture was released showing Evan Peters' Quicksilver with a little girl on his lap. Now Singer confirms in an interview with Empire magazine that the little girl is indeed Quicksilver's sister, but she's not Scarlett.
"Is that the Scarlet Witch? No, that's his little sister," he says. "I even had a line which I cut, where Quicksilver's mother says to the little girl, 'Go up and bug your sister,' and the little girl says, 'She bugs me!' You never see the older sister, but it was to imply that there is an older sister for comic book fans. I ended up cutting it."
While there is no plan to have Scarlett in the "X-Men" movie universe just yet, Singer is keen to bring back Quicksilver for the next installment. "Even though our Quicksilver is not a main character like in The Avengers, it's a character there's a lot of thought and concern about and it's a character I'd like to explore further in the sequel," he says.
"X-Men: Days of Future Past" is slated to hit theaters across the U.S. on May 23. A sequel, "X-Men: Apocalypse" which focuses on the origin of mutants, is planned to follow on May 27, 2016. Singer is expected to reprise his role behind the lens, while Simon Kinberg is involved in the scriptwriting.
"X-Men: Days of Future Past" - Character Clip "Wolverine":
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?
- 'This Is Us' Stars on Latest Twist: 'I'm Rooting for Jack and Rebecca'
- Watch Justin Timberlake Amaze Las Vegas Crowd in First Full Trailer for Netflix Concert Doc
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens