Disney Channel Greenlights 'Teen Beach Movie' Sequel
Disney Channel has officially given a go to "Teen Beach Movie 2", months after the first movie became a summer hit. Production for the upcoming TV movie is scheduled to begin in July for a 2015 premiere.
The sequel takes place a few months after the end of the first pic. After returning from a summer adventure that transported them into Brady's favorite 1960s beach party movie, "Wet Side Story", Mack and Brady get a surprise visit from Lela, Tanner, Butchy and their other surfer and biker friends.
Ross Lynch, Maia Mitchell, Grace Phipps, Garrett Clayton and John DeLuca will reprise their roles as Brady, McKenzie, Lela, Tanner and Butchy respectively. Additional cast members will be announced later.
"The audience response to the first 'Teen Beach Movie' was overwhelming. We are thrilled to have the cast back for a new music-driven saga that continues this fantastical story," says Gary Marsh, president and chief creative officer at Disney Channels Worldwide.
The first "Teen Beach Movie" debuted in July last year and drew 13.5 million viewers, making it the second most-watched movie in cable history in total viewers, sitting only behind another Disney Channel telepic "High School Musical 2".
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer
- Drake Postpones Amsterdam Concert Due to Extreme Food Poisoning
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance