Disney Channel Greenlights 'Teen Beach Movie' Sequel
Disney Channel has officially given a go to "Teen Beach Movie 2", months after the first movie became a summer hit. Production for the upcoming TV movie is scheduled to begin in July for a 2015 premiere.
The sequel takes place a few months after the end of the first pic. After returning from a summer adventure that transported them into Brady's favorite 1960s beach party movie, "Wet Side Story", Mack and Brady get a surprise visit from Lela, Tanner, Butchy and their other surfer and biker friends.
Ross Lynch, Maia Mitchell, Grace Phipps, Garrett Clayton and John DeLuca will reprise their roles as Brady, McKenzie, Lela, Tanner and Butchy respectively. Additional cast members will be announced later.
"The audience response to the first 'Teen Beach Movie' was overwhelming. We are thrilled to have the cast back for a new music-driven saga that continues this fantastical story," says Gary Marsh, president and chief creative officer at Disney Channels Worldwide.
The first "Teen Beach Movie" debuted in July last year and drew 13.5 million viewers, making it the second most-watched movie in cable history in total viewers, sitting only behind another Disney Channel telepic "High School Musical 2".
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival