Confirmed: Zack Synder to Direct 'Justice League' Movie
"Justice League" movie is officially confirmed. Warner Bros. president of worldwide production, Greg Silverman, tells Wall Street Journal that the DC Comics superhero movie crossover will be directed by Zack Snyder who helmed the first "Man of Steel" and its upcoming sequel.
"It will be a further expansion of this universe," Silverman says. " 'Superman vs Batman' will lead into 'Justice League'." Henry Cavill who headlines the first two Superman movies is expected to return, along with Ben Affleck and Gal Gadot who are tapped as Batman and Wonder Woman in "Man of Steel 2".
Which other heroes joining them are still under wraps, but Justice League members in the comic books include Aquaman, Flash, and Green Lantern. Ray Fisher has been booked to play Cyborg or the half-robotic hero Victor Stone, while Jason Momoa has long been rumored circling Aquaman role.
Before Superman got a reboot, WB enjoyed the success of Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight" trilogy. However, other DC adaptations like "Green Lantern" didn't meet expectation. It's unclear if Ryan Reynolds who played the key role in the film will be back or recast.
Despite taking a tumble with "Green Lantern", WB doesn't close the door to the possibility of bringing back one of those heroes in their own solo film. While there is no official plan, they are especially warm to the idea of giving more depth to Wonder Woman. "That is our hope," said Sue Kroll, president of worldwide marketing. "With the right script, that could be viable. The world is ready for her."
"Justice League" is expected to be made after "Man of Steel 2" which will kick off production next month for May 6, 2016 release against Marvel's "Captain America 3". No official release date is announced, but Latino-Review reports the super-team will arrive on the big screen on May 5, 2017.
Back in 2008, a "Justice League" movie was close to getting made but it was eventually scrapped. George Miller was set to direct, Armie Hammer was tapped as Batman, Santiago Cabrera as Aquaman, Adam Brody as The Flash, and Megan Gale as Wonder Woman.
More Justice League News
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston and Refuses to Ask Him About Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake