'The Big Bang Theory' and 'The Good Wife' Banned in Chinese
Chinese government has once again limited its citizens' access to American entertainment. The Associated Press reports that authorities have banned four popular TV shows from video streaming websites in the Asian country.
A spokeswoman for Youku confirms that it has received notification to remove hit sitcom "The Big Bang Theory", legal drama "The Good Wife", popular crime drama "NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service" and legal drama "The Practice". Among all four series, Youku only offered "The Good Wife".
A senior manager at another site says it received the order to "clean their website" last week. The manager reveals that in addition to those four American TV series, video streaming websites are asked not to show a Chinese slapstick miniseries made by Sohu.
It's unclear why Chinese authorities ask websites not to show those American programs, though they usually ban programs which are deemed too salacious or violent or which infringe copyright laws. Previously, the government banned movies "Skyfall", "Titanic" and "Men in Black 3" in the country.
More The Big Bang Theory News
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones