DJ Rashad's Autopsy Results Inconclusive
An autopsy conducted to investigate into the death of DJ Rashad is inconclusive, Chicago Sun-Times reports. Police previously believed that DJ Rashad, born Rashad Harden, died from drug overdose. Toxicology analysis will be conducted to determine the cause of death.
Rashad, who was a leading figure in Chicago's footwork scene, was found dead by a friend in an apartment in Chicago's West Side on Saturday, April 26. He was 34. According to Chicago police spokesperson Janel Sedevic, there was no sign of injuries. Some drugs as well as drug paraphernalia were found near his body.
Rashad was scheduled to perform in Detroit on Saturday alongside a friend and collaborator DJ Spinn. "It's just a tragic loss of a great musical genius," he said before taking the stage. Spinn, who became friends with the late DJ since they were kids, called his friend's music "instantaneous energy - that's what his music gave off."
Rashad's father Anthony Harden, meanwhile, said that his son wanted to become a DJ when he was a kid. "Since he was a kid, he's been doing this. He knew what he wanted to do, and a lot of us don't get a chance to make our dream come true," he told the Sun-Times.
Rashad's fifth LP "Double Cup" which was released last year contributed to the popularity of footwork music to wider audience. His EP "We on 1" was due out on Monday, April 28 via Southern Belle Recordings. "He shared his music with everyone that would listen. He's been all over the world, taking footwork all over the world," Anthony added.
Chance the Rapper, who worked with the late DJ during his "Social Experiment Tour", took to Twitter to pay tribute. "Music lost a legend today. And he was my friend. Love you DJ Rashad. RIP," he wrote.
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake