DJ Rashad's Autopsy Results Inconclusive
An autopsy conducted to investigate into the death of DJ Rashad is inconclusive, Chicago Sun-Times reports. Police previously believed that DJ Rashad, born Rashad Harden, died from drug overdose. Toxicology analysis will be conducted to determine the cause of death.
Rashad, who was a leading figure in Chicago's footwork scene, was found dead by a friend in an apartment in Chicago's West Side on Saturday, April 26. He was 34. According to Chicago police spokesperson Janel Sedevic, there was no sign of injuries. Some drugs as well as drug paraphernalia were found near his body.
Rashad was scheduled to perform in Detroit on Saturday alongside a friend and collaborator DJ Spinn. "It's just a tragic loss of a great musical genius," he said before taking the stage. Spinn, who became friends with the late DJ since they were kids, called his friend's music "instantaneous energy - that's what his music gave off."
Rashad's father Anthony Harden, meanwhile, said that his son wanted to become a DJ when he was a kid. "Since he was a kid, he's been doing this. He knew what he wanted to do, and a lot of us don't get a chance to make our dream come true," he told the Sun-Times.
Rashad's fifth LP "Double Cup" which was released last year contributed to the popularity of footwork music to wider audience. His EP "We on 1" was due out on Monday, April 28 via Southern Belle Recordings. "He shared his music with everyone that would listen. He's been all over the world, taking footwork all over the world," Anthony added.
Chance the Rapper, who worked with the late DJ during his "Social Experiment Tour", took to Twitter to pay tribute. "Music lost a legend today. And he was my friend. Love you DJ Rashad. RIP," he wrote.
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account
- Madonna, Usher and More Stars Pay Tribute to Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: More Fights and Departures
- Britney and Beyonce Under Fire for Their VMAs Performances. Plus Get Details on Their Backstage Feud
- Taylor Swift Dismissed From Jury Duty due to Her Ongoing Sexual Abuse Case
- Production on 'The Maze Runner: The Death Cure' to Resume in February 2017
- Blake Lively Hosts Private Baby Shower With Taylor Swift