Vogue's Creative Director Likens Kim Kardashian to Common Subway Riders
Grace Coddington, the creative director of Vogue magazine, reveals the story behind the decision to put Kim Kardashian and her fiance Kanye West on the front page of their recent issue. While saying that the cover was her idea, Grace shares an interesting comment about Kim.
"There was a wedding story to be done," she told Financial Times, "And Anna [Wintour] probably had them in mind, because she had been seeing a lot of Kanye, so she said, 'Maybe we should shoot it on lookalikes.' And I thought, 'Why not just do it on the real thing? This is Vogue.' "
So, what was Kim's appeal that interested her? "I do think Kim Kardashian represents this moment in our culture. I'm fascinated by her, in the same way I'm fascinated by the people I see on the street or the subway," so Grace said.
Despite comparing Kim to subway riders, Grace has nothing but good words for the E! reality star when it comes to her work ethic. "It was fun. [Kim] is very professional," she said, before adding, "And the baby [the couple's daughter, North] is very well-behaved. We did millions of pictures and she did not cry once."
"I got quite upset we did not have the baby on the cover. I knew going in it would be controversial - I got an envelope from Texas, with the cover ripped up into little pieces inside - but the designers all sent me flowers, so I guess they were happy."
More Kim Kardashian News
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign