Former Elmo Puppeteer Kevin Clash Cleared of Sex Abuse Charges
Kevin Clash is cleared of sexual abuse charges, The Hollywood Reporter learns. The case was brought to the U.S. Court of Appeals after being dismissed by a New York judge, but it was once again tossed due to the statute of limitations.
The former Elmo puppeteer was sued by at least three men. He was accused of abusing them while they were still minors, but he vehemently denied it. Amidst the shocking allegations, he resigned from the PBS famous children show "Sesame Street".
The ruling basically says that it was too late for the plaintiffs to file lawsuit. The statute of limitations to sue expired three years after they reached 21 years old or "the age of majority" when they should have reasonably realized the physical and emotional injuries they suffered from the alleged encounters with Clash. Also, the suit should have been filed within six years after the alleged conduct.
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video