Former Elmo Puppeteer Kevin Clash Cleared of Sex Abuse Charges
Kevin Clash is cleared of sexual abuse charges, The Hollywood Reporter learns. The case was brought to the U.S. Court of Appeals after being dismissed by a New York judge, but it was once again tossed due to the statute of limitations.
The former Elmo puppeteer was sued by at least three men. He was accused of abusing them while they were still minors, but he vehemently denied it. Amidst the shocking allegations, he resigned from the PBS famous children show "Sesame Street".
The ruling basically says that it was too late for the plaintiffs to file lawsuit. The statute of limitations to sue expired three years after they reached 21 years old or "the age of majority" when they should have reasonably realized the physical and emotional injuries they suffered from the alleged encounters with Clash. Also, the suit should have been filed within six years after the alleged conduct.
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Pissed at Heather Morris' Shocking 'DWTS' Elimination
- Eww! Kim Kardashian Says Big Sis Kourtney Threw Up in Her Bed Four Times and Slept in It