Former Elmo Puppeteer Kevin Clash Cleared of Sex Abuse Charges
Kevin Clash is cleared of sexual abuse charges, The Hollywood Reporter learns. The case was brought to the U.S. Court of Appeals after being dismissed by a New York judge, but it was once again tossed due to the statute of limitations.
The former Elmo puppeteer was sued by at least three men. He was accused of abusing them while they were still minors, but he vehemently denied it. Amidst the shocking allegations, he resigned from the PBS famous children show "Sesame Street".
The ruling basically says that it was too late for the plaintiffs to file lawsuit. The statute of limitations to sue expired three years after they reached 21 years old or "the age of majority" when they should have reasonably realized the physical and emotional injuries they suffered from the alleged encounters with Clash. Also, the suit should have been filed within six years after the alleged conduct.
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor