Former Elmo Puppeteer Kevin Clash Cleared of Sex Abuse Charges
Kevin Clash is cleared of sexual abuse charges, The Hollywood Reporter learns. The case was brought to the U.S. Court of Appeals after being dismissed by a New York judge, but it was once again tossed due to the statute of limitations.
The former Elmo puppeteer was sued by at least three men. He was accused of abusing them while they were still minors, but he vehemently denied it. Amidst the shocking allegations, he resigned from the PBS famous children show "Sesame Street".
The ruling basically says that it was too late for the plaintiffs to file lawsuit. The statute of limitations to sue expired three years after they reached 21 years old or "the age of majority" when they should have reasonably realized the physical and emotional injuries they suffered from the alleged encounters with Clash. Also, the suit should have been filed within six years after the alleged conduct.
- Chloe Moretz Blasts 'Hateful' Twitter Trolls
- Watch Justin Bieber's Acoustic Cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
- Caitlyn Jenner Was 'Disgusted' by Bruce's 'Greek God Kind of Body'
- 'American Horror Story' Reveals This Mysterious Logo of Season 6
- Rob Kardashian's Threat Is Apparently Why Blac Chyna Got Invited to Khloe's Birthday Party
- Kylie Jenner Is Getting Fancy New Car. Another Gift From Tyga?
- Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello Goes Solo Again for Charity Song 'Power in Me'
- Colin Firth and Patrick Dempsey Fight Over Renee Zellweger in New 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Trailer