Former Elmo Puppeteer Kevin Clash Cleared of Sex Abuse Charges
Kevin Clash is cleared of sexual abuse charges, The Hollywood Reporter learns. The case was brought to the U.S. Court of Appeals after being dismissed by a New York judge, but it was once again tossed due to the statute of limitations.
The former Elmo puppeteer was sued by at least three men. He was accused of abusing them while they were still minors, but he vehemently denied it. Amidst the shocking allegations, he resigned from the PBS famous children show "Sesame Street".
The ruling basically says that it was too late for the plaintiffs to file lawsuit. The statute of limitations to sue expired three years after they reached 21 years old or "the age of majority" when they should have reasonably realized the physical and emotional injuries they suffered from the alleged encounters with Clash. Also, the suit should have been filed within six years after the alleged conduct.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked