Jennifer Lopez Announces New Single 'First Love', Previews New Album in Malibu
Jennifer Lopez has announced that her new single is going to be called "First Love". The track, which will serve as the follow-up to French Montana-assisted "I Luh Ya Papi", was produced by Max Martin and it is scheduled to be released in May.
"First Love" was one of the songs that were played during an intimate brunch J.Lo hosted in Malibu, California, on Friday, April 25. According to Billboard, the upbeat and bass heavy track will feature lyrics like, "I wish you were my first love 'cause if you were first there wouldn't have been a second, third or fourth love."
Other songs played during the event were "Emotions" which was co-written Chris Brown, "Big Booty" that was produced by Diplo, "Acting Like That", "Never Satisfied" and "Let It Be Me".
"If you listen to my albums, they were always about love. I've always sung about love. It was always love in a certain way: A fairytale type of way; I was hoping, praying, and wishing for that," Lopez said of her new LP at the event.
"After this experience, and these past couple of years, I realized love is completely different than I thought it was. I still believe in it more than ever. I'm still singing about it on every track, but I want it in the right way. I believe there's a certain way that it should be," she continued.
"The things I went through comes out here [on the album]," she added. "It's a stronger Jennifer. A Jennifer that still believes in love but she's more grown now." Lopez's yet-to-be-titled album is scheduled to be released on June 17.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'
- Amber Heard Reportedly Dating a Musician After Johnny Depp Split. Who's Her New Man?
- NBC Announces Next Live Musical 'Bye Bye Birdie' Starring Jennifer Lopez
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?