Jennifer Lopez Announces New Single 'First Love', Previews New Album in Malibu
Jennifer Lopez has announced that her new single is going to be called "First Love". The track, which will serve as the follow-up to French Montana-assisted "I Luh Ya Papi", was produced by Max Martin and it is scheduled to be released in May.
"First Love" was one of the songs that were played during an intimate brunch J.Lo hosted in Malibu, California, on Friday, April 25. According to Billboard, the upbeat and bass heavy track will feature lyrics like, "I wish you were my first love 'cause if you were first there wouldn't have been a second, third or fourth love."
Other songs played during the event were "Emotions" which was co-written Chris Brown, "Big Booty" that was produced by Diplo, "Acting Like That", "Never Satisfied" and "Let It Be Me".
"If you listen to my albums, they were always about love. I've always sung about love. It was always love in a certain way: A fairytale type of way; I was hoping, praying, and wishing for that," Lopez said of her new LP at the event.
"After this experience, and these past couple of years, I realized love is completely different than I thought it was. I still believe in it more than ever. I'm still singing about it on every track, but I want it in the right way. I believe there's a certain way that it should be," she continued.
"The things I went through comes out here [on the album]," she added. "It's a stronger Jennifer. A Jennifer that still believes in love but she's more grown now." Lopez's yet-to-be-titled album is scheduled to be released on June 17.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones
- Mariah Carey Threw James Packer's Laptop Out the Window After He Played a Beyonce Song
- Ariana Grande Is Sued Over 'One Last Time', Previews New Music Video Ft. Nicki Minaj
- New Set Pics Hint at 'Transformers: The Last Knight' 's Connection With Arthurian Mythology
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani, Ariana Grande and More Featured in 'Trolls' Soundtrack Album
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves