Jennifer Lopez Announces New Single 'First Love', Previews New Album in Malibu
Jennifer Lopez has announced that her new single is going to be called "First Love". The track, which will serve as the follow-up to French Montana-assisted "I Luh Ya Papi", was produced by Max Martin and it is scheduled to be released in May.
"First Love" was one of the songs that were played during an intimate brunch J.Lo hosted in Malibu, California, on Friday, April 25. According to Billboard, the upbeat and bass heavy track will feature lyrics like, "I wish you were my first love 'cause if you were first there wouldn't have been a second, third or fourth love."
Other songs played during the event were "Emotions" which was co-written Chris Brown, "Big Booty" that was produced by Diplo, "Acting Like That", "Never Satisfied" and "Let It Be Me".
"If you listen to my albums, they were always about love. I've always sung about love. It was always love in a certain way: A fairytale type of way; I was hoping, praying, and wishing for that," Lopez said of her new LP at the event.
"After this experience, and these past couple of years, I realized love is completely different than I thought it was. I still believe in it more than ever. I'm still singing about it on every track, but I want it in the right way. I believe there's a certain way that it should be," she continued.
"The things I went through comes out here [on the album]," she added. "It's a stronger Jennifer. A Jennifer that still believes in love but she's more grown now." Lopez's yet-to-be-titled album is scheduled to be released on June 17.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell