FOX Developing Miniseries Focusing on Jesus' 'Lost Years'
FOX is the latest network taking on Bible-themed project. The broadcaster teams up with Bob Cooper's Landscape Entertainment and David Franzoni to develop "Nazareth", an event series focusing on the early years of Jesus.
The miniseries, written and executive produced by "Gladiator" scribe Franzoni, will focus on the formative years of Jesus of Nazareth. It will depict the "lost years," which is not described in the New Testament, from the age of 13, when Jesus took a pilgrimage to Jerusalem with his parents, to age 30, when he began his ministry and was baptized by John the Baptist.
Landscape Entertainment will produce "Nazareth" with FX Productions and Entertainment One. Cooper will serve as executive producer along with Jamie Campbell and Joel Wilson, in addition to Franzoni.
NBC has also ordered 12-episode series "A.D.: Beyond the Bible", which is a sequel to History Channel's record-breaking miniseries "The Bible". Mark Burnett and Roma Downey who shepherded the original project return as executive producers for the upcoming series, which is slated for a 2015 premiere.
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'