FOX Developing Miniseries Focusing on Jesus' 'Lost Years'
FOX is the latest network taking on Bible-themed project. The broadcaster teams up with Bob Cooper's Landscape Entertainment and David Franzoni to develop "Nazareth", an event series focusing on the early years of Jesus.
The miniseries, written and executive produced by "Gladiator" scribe Franzoni, will focus on the formative years of Jesus of Nazareth. It will depict the "lost years," which is not described in the New Testament, from the age of 13, when Jesus took a pilgrimage to Jerusalem with his parents, to age 30, when he began his ministry and was baptized by John the Baptist.
Landscape Entertainment will produce "Nazareth" with FX Productions and Entertainment One. Cooper will serve as executive producer along with Jamie Campbell and Joel Wilson, in addition to Franzoni.
NBC has also ordered 12-episode series "A.D.: Beyond the Bible", which is a sequel to History Channel's record-breaking miniseries "The Bible". Mark Burnett and Roma Downey who shepherded the original project return as executive producers for the upcoming series, which is slated for a 2015 premiere.
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic