FOX Developing Miniseries Focusing on Jesus' 'Lost Years'
FOX is the latest network taking on Bible-themed project. The broadcaster teams up with Bob Cooper's Landscape Entertainment and David Franzoni to develop "Nazareth", an event series focusing on the early years of Jesus.
The miniseries, written and executive produced by "Gladiator" scribe Franzoni, will focus on the formative years of Jesus of Nazareth. It will depict the "lost years," which is not described in the New Testament, from the age of 13, when Jesus took a pilgrimage to Jerusalem with his parents, to age 30, when he began his ministry and was baptized by John the Baptist.
Landscape Entertainment will produce "Nazareth" with FX Productions and Entertainment One. Cooper will serve as executive producer along with Jamie Campbell and Joel Wilson, in addition to Franzoni.
NBC has also ordered 12-episode series "A.D.: Beyond the Bible", which is a sequel to History Channel's record-breaking miniseries "The Bible". Mark Burnett and Roma Downey who shepherded the original project return as executive producers for the upcoming series, which is slated for a 2015 premiere.
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke