Dave Grohl: Lorde's 'Royals' Gives Me Hope for My Kids and the Future of Pop Music
Dave Grohl has admitted that he's a fan of Lorde. In a new interview with Rolling Stone, the Nirvana drummer had nothing but kind words for the New Zealand teen and praised her for making fresh and smart music that his children could listen to.
"When I first heard 'Royals' it was sandwiched between all of that other stripper pop," he said. "I was so f**king relieved. I thought, 'Hey, this might be another revolution.' When I met her I said, 'When I first heard your song on the radio and my kids sang along I felt like there was hope for my kids to grow up in an environment which is more than just superficial.' "
The musician, who is also a member of Foo Fighters, added, "My two daughters, Violet and Harper, who are eight and five years old, started singing along. I was so happy and relieved that my two girls were singing a popular song on the radio that had some substance and depth, which I considered to be healthy for them as kids. I know that sounds kind of parent-ish."
Grohl then talked about his decision to invite Lorde to perform with Nirvana during the band's induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame earlier this month. "There's something about her that represented or resembled the Nirvana aesthetic," he said. "She has an incredible future ahead of her as a writer, performer and vocalist."
More Dave Grohl News
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'