Paul McCartney to Play the Last Show at Candlestick Park
After months of negotiations, Sir Paul McCartney has confirmed that he'll return to San Francisco's Candlestick Park and play the last concert there on August 14. The former member of The Beatles announced the news in a statement posted on his website on Thursday, April 24.
"Putting the rumor mill to rest, Paul has confirmed that he will indeed return to San Francisco Aug. 14 to play 'Farewell to Candlestick: The Final Concert'," read the statement. The show will be a part of McCartney's "Out There" tour which was launched to support his latest LP "New".
Candlestick Park is the former home to the San Francisco 49ers. The venue was also the place where The Beatles played their final paid concert in 1966. According to latest reports, the place will be demolished in 2015.
Tickets for McCartney's Candlestick show will go on sale on Monday, May 5 at 10:00 A.M. local time. American Express Card members can purchase tickets starting Thursday, May 1 through May 4.
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2
- Watch: Shawn Mendes Makes His Debut on 'SNL'
- Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Can't Stop Tweeting During National Security Briefing on 'SNL'
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball