Paul McCartney to Play the Last Show at Candlestick Park
After months of negotiations, Sir Paul McCartney has confirmed that he'll return to San Francisco's Candlestick Park and play the last concert there on August 14. The former member of The Beatles announced the news in a statement posted on his website on Thursday, April 24.
"Putting the rumor mill to rest, Paul has confirmed that he will indeed return to San Francisco Aug. 14 to play 'Farewell to Candlestick: The Final Concert'," read the statement. The show will be a part of McCartney's "Out There" tour which was launched to support his latest LP "New".
Candlestick Park is the former home to the San Francisco 49ers. The venue was also the place where The Beatles played their final paid concert in 1966. According to latest reports, the place will be demolished in 2015.
Tickets for McCartney's Candlestick show will go on sale on Monday, May 5 at 10:00 A.M. local time. American Express Card members can purchase tickets starting Thursday, May 1 through May 4.
More Paul McCartney News
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert