Jared Leto Says His Oscar Statue Is 'a Filthy Mess'
Just a month after Jared Leto received a Best Supporting Actor trophy for his role in "Dallas Buyers Club" at the Oscars, the singer/actor admitted that the statue was "a filthy mess." Leto, who apparently is not really concerned about the trophy, talked about the prize in a new interview with The Associated Press, saying that it had sustained more damages.
"I damaged it. But then I came home and saw it had another nick on it. So it looks like someone else had fun with it, too," said the member of 30 Seconds to Mars. "My Oscar is a filthy mess. Everybody was pawing that thing. I kind of was just passing it around at parties. A couple of times I lost sight of it and I thought, 'You know, if it goes away, it's not meant to be mine.' But it always seemed to find its way back to me."
A few days after the Oscar win, Leto told Entertainment Tonight Canada that the statue got damaged. "I was letting some of the people that I work with take a picture with the Oscar and I was carrying it down the stairs and, boom, I hit it against the stairs, the railing and I put a little nick in the back of it... so you know, that's how it goes. It's already lived in, as they say," he recalled.
The multi-talented star, who is currently promoting documentary film "Artifact" which he directed, also said in the new interview that receiving the trophy contributed to more opportunities. "Yeah, I'm looking at scripts and reading scripts. Which is interesting because I didn't read scripts for years before 'Dallas Buyers Club'. But now ... you have opportunities to work with people that you really respect or admire, people whose work has been inspiring and influential," he explained.
More Jared Leto News
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture