First Trailer of 'Boyhood' Captures a Boy's Growth Over a Decade
The first look into Richard Linklater's long-running project "Boyhood" has been shared in a trailer. Newcomer Ellar Coltrane was cast as Mason in 2002 when he was only six years old and he continuously filmed the role for the next 12 years.
"Boyhood" follows a family, through the eyes of a young boy, who is dealing with divorce and the obligations and responsibilities that come with the territory. The film takes viewers on a journey through the experiences and changes of the lead character, in a way that we haven't quite seen before.
Linklater's daughter Lorelei Linklater was also cast in the film as Mason's sister Samantha and her growth was documented over a decade as well. Linklater would bring the cast together for a scene or two each year.
"Boyhood" will get limited release on July 11. It also stars Ethan Hawke and Patricia Arquette.
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Transgender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap
- Louis Tomlinson Says His Mom's Dying Wish Was for Him to Reconcile With Zayn Malik