First Trailer of 'Boyhood' Captures a Boy's Growth Over a Decade
The first look into Richard Linklater's long-running project "Boyhood" has been shared in a trailer. Newcomer Ellar Coltrane was cast as Mason in 2002 when he was only six years old and he continuously filmed the role for the next 12 years.
"Boyhood" follows a family, through the eyes of a young boy, who is dealing with divorce and the obligations and responsibilities that come with the territory. The film takes viewers on a journey through the experiences and changes of the lead character, in a way that we haven't quite seen before.
Linklater's daughter Lorelei Linklater was also cast in the film as Mason's sister Samantha and her growth was documented over a decade as well. Linklater would bring the cast together for a scene or two each year.
"Boyhood" will get limited release on July 11. It also stars Ethan Hawke and Patricia Arquette.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival