First Trailer of 'Boyhood' Captures a Boy's Growth Over a Decade
The first look into Richard Linklater's long-running project "Boyhood" has been shared in a trailer. Newcomer Ellar Coltrane was cast as Mason in 2002 when he was only six years old and he continuously filmed the role for the next 12 years.
"Boyhood" follows a family, through the eyes of a young boy, who is dealing with divorce and the obligations and responsibilities that come with the territory. The film takes viewers on a journey through the experiences and changes of the lead character, in a way that we haven't quite seen before.
Linklater's daughter Lorelei Linklater was also cast in the film as Mason's sister Samantha and her growth was documented over a decade as well. Linklater would bring the cast together for a scene or two each year.
"Boyhood" will get limited release on July 11. It also stars Ethan Hawke and Patricia Arquette.
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist