First Trailer of 'Boyhood' Captures a Boy's Growth Over a Decade
The first look into Richard Linklater's long-running project "Boyhood" has been shared in a trailer. Newcomer Ellar Coltrane was cast as Mason in 2002 when he was only six years old and he continuously filmed the role for the next 12 years.
"Boyhood" follows a family, through the eyes of a young boy, who is dealing with divorce and the obligations and responsibilities that come with the territory. The film takes viewers on a journey through the experiences and changes of the lead character, in a way that we haven't quite seen before.
Linklater's daughter Lorelei Linklater was also cast in the film as Mason's sister Samantha and her growth was documented over a decade as well. Linklater would bring the cast together for a scene or two each year.
"Boyhood" will get limited release on July 11. It also stars Ethan Hawke and Patricia Arquette.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie