First Trailer of 'Boyhood' Captures a Boy's Growth Over a Decade
The first look into Richard Linklater's long-running project "Boyhood" has been shared in a trailer. Newcomer Ellar Coltrane was cast as Mason in 2002 when he was only six years old and he continuously filmed the role for the next 12 years.
"Boyhood" follows a family, through the eyes of a young boy, who is dealing with divorce and the obligations and responsibilities that come with the territory. The film takes viewers on a journey through the experiences and changes of the lead character, in a way that we haven't quite seen before.
Linklater's daughter Lorelei Linklater was also cast in the film as Mason's sister Samantha and her growth was documented over a decade as well. Linklater would bring the cast together for a scene or two each year.
"Boyhood" will get limited release on July 11. It also stars Ethan Hawke and Patricia Arquette.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked