Selena Gomez Unfollows Everyone on Instagram to Release Negativity
Selena Gomez suddenly unfollowed everyone on her Instagram account earlier this week. Her cryptic post later sparked speculation that she had another meltdown following her rehab stay in February.
Gomez unfollowed her besties including Taylor Swift, Kendall Jenner, Austin Mahone as well as her ex-boyfriend Justin Bieber. It did not get unnoticed. "Yes, I saw. I was mad! I was like, 'I wonder if Selena's still following me,' so I looked and then I saw she was following zero people, so I was like, 'Alright, I see how it is,' " Mahone told J-14.com.
Gomez later posted the lyrics to Mary J. Blige's "Work in Progress" which included the words "I got every material thing I could ever need. ...But my love for myself is lacking a little bit. I can admit that I'm working on me." In March, she spoke at We Day California, "I'm surrounded by people who are supposed to guide me, and some of them have, and others haven't. They pressure me. There's so much pressure."
Sources told E! Online that Gomez was sick of the Hollywood scene following her trip to the Coachella Valley Music Festival earlier this month. She reportedly had "an epiphany of sorts after the 3-day outdoor concert and has decided to remove what she believes are negative influences in her life and is focusing on positive things and people." Gomez spent some time with Kendall and Kylie Jenner at the festival.
The source added that Gomez wanted to focus on her career and attended church services.
More Selena Gomez News
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame