Jude Law Replaces Michael Fassbender as the 'Genius'
Jude Law has been brought in to replace Michael Fassbender in "Genius". The British actor is to portray literary icon Thomas Wolfe opposite Colin Firth and Nicole Kidman among others.
The film is an adaptation of the celebrated A. Scott Berg book about the dynamic relationship between Wolfe and his editor Max Perkins. Firth is to play Perkins as a man who "served these authors not only as editor extraordinaire but also as critic, psychoanalyst, father-confessor, and devoted friend."
"Hugo" writer John Logan wrote the script while theater director Michael Grandage is making his feature film debut as the director of the film. They have collaborated on the Tony-winning "Red" and "Peter and Alice".
Shooting is to begin this fall in the U.K. and the U.S.
Wolfe, who died when he was just 37, was one of the most acclaimed writers of the early 20th century. Perkins helped shape Wolfe's famed novels "Look Homeward, Angel" and "Of Time and the River."
More Genius News
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?
- Rihanna to Open 2016 MTV Video Music Awards
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas