Jude Law Replaces Michael Fassbender as the 'Genius'
Jude Law has been brought in to replace Michael Fassbender in "Genius". The British actor is to portray literary icon Thomas Wolfe opposite Colin Firth and Nicole Kidman among others.
The film is an adaptation of the celebrated A. Scott Berg book about the dynamic relationship between Wolfe and his editor Max Perkins. Firth is to play Perkins as a man who "served these authors not only as editor extraordinaire but also as critic, psychoanalyst, father-confessor, and devoted friend."
"Hugo" writer John Logan wrote the script while theater director Michael Grandage is making his feature film debut as the director of the film. They have collaborated on the Tony-winning "Red" and "Peter and Alice".
Shooting is to begin this fall in the U.K. and the U.S.
Wolfe, who died when he was just 37, was one of the most acclaimed writers of the early 20th century. Perkins helped shape Wolfe's famed novels "Look Homeward, Angel" and "Of Time and the River."
More Genius News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding