Jude Law Replaces Michael Fassbender as the 'Genius'
Jude Law has been brought in to replace Michael Fassbender in "Genius". The British actor is to portray literary icon Thomas Wolfe opposite Colin Firth and Nicole Kidman among others.
The film is an adaptation of the celebrated A. Scott Berg book about the dynamic relationship between Wolfe and his editor Max Perkins. Firth is to play Perkins as a man who "served these authors not only as editor extraordinaire but also as critic, psychoanalyst, father-confessor, and devoted friend."
"Hugo" writer John Logan wrote the script while theater director Michael Grandage is making his feature film debut as the director of the film. They have collaborated on the Tony-winning "Red" and "Peter and Alice".
Shooting is to begin this fall in the U.K. and the U.S.
Wolfe, who died when he was just 37, was one of the most acclaimed writers of the early 20th century. Perkins helped shape Wolfe's famed novels "Look Homeward, Angel" and "Of Time and the River."
More Genius News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media