Jude Law Replaces Michael Fassbender as the 'Genius'
Jude Law has been brought in to replace Michael Fassbender in "Genius". The British actor is to portray literary icon Thomas Wolfe opposite Colin Firth and Nicole Kidman among others.
The film is an adaptation of the celebrated A. Scott Berg book about the dynamic relationship between Wolfe and his editor Max Perkins. Firth is to play Perkins as a man who "served these authors not only as editor extraordinaire but also as critic, psychoanalyst, father-confessor, and devoted friend."
"Hugo" writer John Logan wrote the script while theater director Michael Grandage is making his feature film debut as the director of the film. They have collaborated on the Tony-winning "Red" and "Peter and Alice".
Shooting is to begin this fall in the U.K. and the U.S.
Wolfe, who died when he was just 37, was one of the most acclaimed writers of the early 20th century. Perkins helped shape Wolfe's famed novels "Look Homeward, Angel" and "Of Time and the River."
More Genius News
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri