Jude Law Replaces Michael Fassbender as the 'Genius'
Jude Law has been brought in to replace Michael Fassbender in "Genius". The British actor is to portray literary icon Thomas Wolfe opposite Colin Firth and Nicole Kidman among others.
The film is an adaptation of the celebrated A. Scott Berg book about the dynamic relationship between Wolfe and his editor Max Perkins. Firth is to play Perkins as a man who "served these authors not only as editor extraordinaire but also as critic, psychoanalyst, father-confessor, and devoted friend."
"Hugo" writer John Logan wrote the script while theater director Michael Grandage is making his feature film debut as the director of the film. They have collaborated on the Tony-winning "Red" and "Peter and Alice".
Shooting is to begin this fall in the U.K. and the U.S.
Wolfe, who died when he was just 37, was one of the most acclaimed writers of the early 20th century. Perkins helped shape Wolfe's famed novels "Look Homeward, Angel" and "Of Time and the River."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie