Gwyneth Paltrow Graded Jessica Alba's Cleaning Product 'C'
Gwyneth Paltrow gave Jessica Alba's cleaning product a "C" on her lifestyle blog Goop. Under the post "What We Were Using", Paltrow listed some of the cleaning products that she used, which included Alba's Honest Company, and gave some of them a bad grade.
"Many of the 'clean' products I proudly use (and have even touted on goop) have turned out to be a product of marketing, rather than actually safe," Paltrow wrote from Hong Kong on Friday, April 25. Paltrow is a supporter of safe, non-toxic and environmentally friendly products.
In doing her grading, Paltrow sought advice from Gregg Renfrew of skincare and cosmetics company Beautycounter and Environmental Working Group (EWG). Commenting on Alba's All-Purpose cleaner, EWG noted, "May contain ingredients with potential for acute aquatic toxicity; respiratory effects; nervous system effects."
Paltrow and Alba are not close to each other. They were seen together the last time at Gwen Stefani's baby shower back in February. When promoting her book "The Honest Life: Living Naturally and True to You", Alba commented on the comparison to Paltrow. "Gwyneth Paltrow probably lives a very similar lifestyle, but I didn't grow up with a bunch of money, so my tips are much more grounded: repurposing things and making things at home," she told the New York Daily News.
More Gwyneth Paltrow News
- Fragile Yoko Ono Is Hoping to See John Lennon in Heaven
- Beyhive Is on the Hunt for Beyonce's Secret Snapchat Account
- Lionel Richie Puts 'All the Hits Tour' on Hold Due to Knee Surgery
- Did Justin Bieber Just Hint That He's Dating Someone on Twitter?
- Perrie Edwards Sparks Pregnancy Speculation With Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?