Gwyneth Paltrow Graded Jessica Alba's Cleaning Product 'C'
Gwyneth Paltrow gave Jessica Alba's cleaning product a "C" on her lifestyle blog Goop. Under the post "What We Were Using", Paltrow listed some of the cleaning products that she used, which included Alba's Honest Company, and gave some of them a bad grade.
"Many of the 'clean' products I proudly use (and have even touted on goop) have turned out to be a product of marketing, rather than actually safe," Paltrow wrote from Hong Kong on Friday, April 25. Paltrow is a supporter of safe, non-toxic and environmentally friendly products.
In doing her grading, Paltrow sought advice from Gregg Renfrew of skincare and cosmetics company Beautycounter and Environmental Working Group (EWG). Commenting on Alba's All-Purpose cleaner, EWG noted, "May contain ingredients with potential for acute aquatic toxicity; respiratory effects; nervous system effects."
Paltrow and Alba are not close to each other. They were seen together the last time at Gwen Stefani's baby shower back in February. When promoting her book "The Honest Life: Living Naturally and True to You", Alba commented on the comparison to Paltrow. "Gwyneth Paltrow probably lives a very similar lifestyle, but I didn't grow up with a bunch of money, so my tips are much more grounded: repurposing things and making things at home," she told the New York Daily News.
More Gwyneth Paltrow News
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift