'Good Morning America' Host Amy Robach Celebrates Her Final Chemotherapy
"Good Morning America" anchor Amy Robach has completed her final chemotherapy session. "Today is my final round of chemotherapy.I wanted to share this moment with you to encourage anyone facing this battle," she tweeted along with a "#bebrave" picture.
The 41-year-old TV presenter also posted a photo of colorful handwritten messages put on her door by her loved ones. "This was a sight for sore eyes... The best welcome home ever #nomorechemo," she captioned the picture.
"Today marks my eighth and final round of chemotherapy," she said in a taped segment that aired on "GMA" later. "This is my final treatment. The doctors say I graduate today."
"I decided to have most of my medical moments remain private, but this one I wanted to share," she went on. "This is a huge milestone for me and for anyone else who has battled cancer, and I join the ranks of 2.8 million U.S. women who are breast cancer survivors."
Calling her journey back to health an "uphill battle," she said some days were "much harder than others...I was one of the lucky ones, only losing about one quarter of my hair." She added, "But no one escapes all of the side effects, both physical and emotional."
"With my eight and final round of chemo complete, I will start on a new journey," she said. "I plan on living each day to the fullest, thankful and grateful, and encouraging so many women who are out there, who are still in the thick of it, who have yet to fight this fight, that you can do it, you can get through this one step a time."
"You can kick cancer's butt," she added, before joking, "I actually wanted to say another word but they wouldn't let me!"
Robach found out that she had breast cancer during a live TV mammogram on the show late last year. "If several producers and even Robin Roberts herself hadn't convinced me that doing this on live television would save lives, I would never have been able to save my own," she said back then.
This was a sight for sore eyes... The best welcome home ever
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'