'Good Morning America' Host Amy Robach Celebrates Her Final Chemotherapy
"Good Morning America" anchor Amy Robach has completed her final chemotherapy session. "Today is my final round of chemotherapy.I wanted to share this moment with you to encourage anyone facing this battle," she tweeted along with a "#bebrave" picture.
The 41-year-old TV presenter also posted a photo of colorful handwritten messages put on her door by her loved ones. "This was a sight for sore eyes... The best welcome home ever #nomorechemo," she captioned the picture.
"Today marks my eighth and final round of chemotherapy," she said in a taped segment that aired on "GMA" later. "This is my final treatment. The doctors say I graduate today."
"I decided to have most of my medical moments remain private, but this one I wanted to share," she went on. "This is a huge milestone for me and for anyone else who has battled cancer, and I join the ranks of 2.8 million U.S. women who are breast cancer survivors."
Calling her journey back to health an "uphill battle," she said some days were "much harder than others...I was one of the lucky ones, only losing about one quarter of my hair." She added, "But no one escapes all of the side effects, both physical and emotional."
"With my eight and final round of chemo complete, I will start on a new journey," she said. "I plan on living each day to the fullest, thankful and grateful, and encouraging so many women who are out there, who are still in the thick of it, who have yet to fight this fight, that you can do it, you can get through this one step a time."
"You can kick cancer's butt," she added, before joking, "I actually wanted to say another word but they wouldn't let me!"
Robach found out that she had breast cancer during a live TV mammogram on the show late last year. "If several producers and even Robin Roberts herself hadn't convinced me that doing this on live television would save lives, I would never have been able to save my own," she said back then.
This was a sight for sore eyes... The best welcome home ever
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?