Mariah Carey to Release Her New Album in Beyonce-Esque Fashion
Mariah Carey plans to follow Beyonce Knowles' footsteps. The singer will announce the title, track listing, artwork, and music of her 14th studio album all at once via digital partners, similar to what Beyonce did with her self-titled LP last year except that Queen Bey didn't warn her fans beforehand.
"I have to be the one that announces this, especially the title," the mother of two explains in the newest issue of Billboard magazine where she graces its cover. The clue for the album's title is that it will be taken from a "personal possession of mine that's part of an entity that I've had almost all my life."
She has been working on the album since 2010 before she welcomed her twins with husband Nick Cannon. She assembled top-notch producers like Rodney Jerkins, Jermaine Dupri, Hit-Boy & Mike Will Made It, featured guests such as Wale, Nas & Trey Songz, and a secret collaborator. "A special guest star that I'm not allowed to reveal," she teases.
The songstress notes the journey to get it done is a long and rocky one. While her duet with Miguel in a song called "#Beautiful" managed to climb to a notable No. 15 on Billboard Hot 100 last year, she acknowledged that some of her singles failed to meet expectations.
"You would think I would be all about the singles-driven situation, and I am in a way, but with this particular album I want my fans to hear it as a body of work," so she says. "This is my life since we last left off. Just picture a dot dot dot, and then here's the album."
She sparked retirement rumor after saying, "If this were to be my last album, people would hear everything they needed to hear," on Andy Cohen's "Watch What Happens Live", but she now clears it up to Billboard, "I will always make music. When I said it could be my last, that's because tomorrow's not promised to anyone."
Aside from prepping her next studio installment, Mariah also hopes to return to TV despite her catfight drama with Nicki Minaj on "American Idol". For her next venture on the small screen, she would love to become a producer. "I have another project that I'm so very excited about that's finally coming to fruition," she teases.
More Mariah Carey News
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber