'American Idol' Contestant C.J. Harris on His Elimination: I Had a Feeling
C.J. Harris was the latest "American Idol" finalist who got sent packing on Thursday night, April 24. The 23-year-old might not be too shocked though, since he claimed that he "had a feeling" that it was time for him to go home. "There was something about the day, something about the way they were messing with my microphone," he said after the results show aired. "I could just tell."
Judge Jennifer Lopez, on the other hand, appeared to be overcome with emotion when learning C.J.'s journey on the singing competition had to end that night. "She told me that I got a really good soul and I just got to keep chasing my music career," the Alabama singer revealed what J.Lo said to console him. "That I'll be successful as long as I want it."
C.J., who is a father to a little boy, is excited to meet his son soon. "He'll probably just sit on my lap and strum on my guitar like he always does," he predicted. "He loves to play guitar and sing and beat the back of the seat like he's playing drums... I can't wait."
C.J. was eliminated on the latest results show after landing in the Bottom Two along with Jessica Meuse that night. Asked by host Ryan Seacrest what he would change if he could do Wednesday over, he said, "I probably would have picked a better song choice."
More American Idol News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy