'American Idol' Contestant C.J. Harris on His Elimination: I Had a Feeling
C.J. Harris was the latest "American Idol" finalist who got sent packing on Thursday night, April 24. The 23-year-old might not be too shocked though, since he claimed that he "had a feeling" that it was time for him to go home. "There was something about the day, something about the way they were messing with my microphone," he said after the results show aired. "I could just tell."
Judge Jennifer Lopez, on the other hand, appeared to be overcome with emotion when learning C.J.'s journey on the singing competition had to end that night. "She told me that I got a really good soul and I just got to keep chasing my music career," the Alabama singer revealed what J.Lo said to console him. "That I'll be successful as long as I want it."
C.J., who is a father to a little boy, is excited to meet his son soon. "He'll probably just sit on my lap and strum on my guitar like he always does," he predicted. "He loves to play guitar and sing and beat the back of the seat like he's playing drums... I can't wait."
C.J. was eliminated on the latest results show after landing in the Bottom Two along with Jessica Meuse that night. Asked by host Ryan Seacrest what he would change if he could do Wednesday over, he said, "I probably would have picked a better song choice."
More American Idol News
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless in New Sultry Selfie
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons