50 Cent Calls Kanye West's 'Yeezus' 'Weird'
50 Cent reveals that he is not a fan of Kanye West's "Yeezus". The "In Da Club" hitmaker recently shared his thoughts on West's latest album in an interview with MTV News U.K. "He's obviously a talent within our culture and is one of the driving forces of it, but some of that s**t is weird to me," 50 said.
"That last record, to be honest, I'm not playing it right now. I still play 'Flashing Lights', 'Gold Digger' and that whole ('The College Dropout') project," he continued. "But some of the new stuff is so creative and feels like he's trying to create a whole new sound."
"It sounds scrambled... radio is going to play dance music, EDM - you got a lot of stuff happening in music culture that's influencing a lot of R&B music to that tempo," he added. "It doesn't feel like Hip-Hop to me, it feels like a fusion of something else, like a weird combination of dance music sounds and stuff."
"It's just him being an artist, you don't have to agree with everything an artist does. Like, I don't have a favorite artist, I have a favorite moment from artists. Like with Drake, there's songs he came out with and the timing was perfect for the record," he explained.
50 is not the only artist who has not-so-nice words for West's album, which was released last year. Earlier this year, Drake dissed the record in his interview with Rolling Stone. "There were some real questionable bars on there," the Toronto rapper said back in February.
"Like that 'Swaghili' line? Come on, man. Even Fabolous wouldn't say some s**t like that," he continued and quickly added, "Kanye's the reason I'm here. I love everything about that guy."
50 is currently preparing to release his new album, "Animal Ambition". The LP is scheduled to hit stores on June 3.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics