50 Cent Calls Kanye West's 'Yeezus' 'Weird'
50 Cent reveals that he is not a fan of Kanye West's "Yeezus". The "In Da Club" hitmaker recently shared his thoughts on West's latest album in an interview with MTV News U.K. "He's obviously a talent within our culture and is one of the driving forces of it, but some of that s**t is weird to me," 50 said.
"That last record, to be honest, I'm not playing it right now. I still play 'Flashing Lights', 'Gold Digger' and that whole ('The College Dropout') project," he continued. "But some of the new stuff is so creative and feels like he's trying to create a whole new sound."
"It sounds scrambled... radio is going to play dance music, EDM - you got a lot of stuff happening in music culture that's influencing a lot of R&B music to that tempo," he added. "It doesn't feel like Hip-Hop to me, it feels like a fusion of something else, like a weird combination of dance music sounds and stuff."
"It's just him being an artist, you don't have to agree with everything an artist does. Like, I don't have a favorite artist, I have a favorite moment from artists. Like with Drake, there's songs he came out with and the timing was perfect for the record," he explained.
50 is not the only artist who has not-so-nice words for West's album, which was released last year. Earlier this year, Drake dissed the record in his interview with Rolling Stone. "There were some real questionable bars on there," the Toronto rapper said back in February.
"Like that 'Swaghili' line? Come on, man. Even Fabolous wouldn't say some s**t like that," he continued and quickly added, "Kanye's the reason I'm here. I love everything about that guy."
50 is currently preparing to release his new album, "Animal Ambition". The LP is scheduled to hit stores on June 3.
More 50 Cent News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance