50 Cent Calls Kanye West's 'Yeezus' 'Weird'
50 Cent reveals that he is not a fan of Kanye West's "Yeezus". The "In Da Club" hitmaker recently shared his thoughts on West's latest album in an interview with MTV News U.K. "He's obviously a talent within our culture and is one of the driving forces of it, but some of that s**t is weird to me," 50 said.
"That last record, to be honest, I'm not playing it right now. I still play 'Flashing Lights', 'Gold Digger' and that whole ('The College Dropout') project," he continued. "But some of the new stuff is so creative and feels like he's trying to create a whole new sound."
"It sounds scrambled... radio is going to play dance music, EDM - you got a lot of stuff happening in music culture that's influencing a lot of R&B music to that tempo," he added. "It doesn't feel like Hip-Hop to me, it feels like a fusion of something else, like a weird combination of dance music sounds and stuff."
"It's just him being an artist, you don't have to agree with everything an artist does. Like, I don't have a favorite artist, I have a favorite moment from artists. Like with Drake, there's songs he came out with and the timing was perfect for the record," he explained.
50 is not the only artist who has not-so-nice words for West's album, which was released last year. Earlier this year, Drake dissed the record in his interview with Rolling Stone. "There were some real questionable bars on there," the Toronto rapper said back in February.
"Like that 'Swaghili' line? Come on, man. Even Fabolous wouldn't say some s**t like that," he continued and quickly added, "Kanye's the reason I'm here. I love everything about that guy."
50 is currently preparing to release his new album, "Animal Ambition". The LP is scheduled to hit stores on June 3.
More 50 Cent News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed