50 Cent Calls Kanye West's 'Yeezus' 'Weird'
50 Cent reveals that he is not a fan of Kanye West's "Yeezus". The "In Da Club" hitmaker recently shared his thoughts on West's latest album in an interview with MTV News U.K. "He's obviously a talent within our culture and is one of the driving forces of it, but some of that s**t is weird to me," 50 said.
"That last record, to be honest, I'm not playing it right now. I still play 'Flashing Lights', 'Gold Digger' and that whole ('The College Dropout') project," he continued. "But some of the new stuff is so creative and feels like he's trying to create a whole new sound."
"It sounds scrambled... radio is going to play dance music, EDM - you got a lot of stuff happening in music culture that's influencing a lot of R&B music to that tempo," he added. "It doesn't feel like Hip-Hop to me, it feels like a fusion of something else, like a weird combination of dance music sounds and stuff."
"It's just him being an artist, you don't have to agree with everything an artist does. Like, I don't have a favorite artist, I have a favorite moment from artists. Like with Drake, there's songs he came out with and the timing was perfect for the record," he explained.
50 is not the only artist who has not-so-nice words for West's album, which was released last year. Earlier this year, Drake dissed the record in his interview with Rolling Stone. "There were some real questionable bars on there," the Toronto rapper said back in February.
"Like that 'Swaghili' line? Come on, man. Even Fabolous wouldn't say some s**t like that," he continued and quickly added, "Kanye's the reason I'm here. I love everything about that guy."
50 is currently preparing to release his new album, "Animal Ambition". The LP is scheduled to hit stores on June 3.
More 50 Cent News
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!