50 Cent Calls Kanye West's 'Yeezus' 'Weird'
50 Cent reveals that he is not a fan of Kanye West's "Yeezus". The "In Da Club" hitmaker recently shared his thoughts on West's latest album in an interview with MTV News U.K. "He's obviously a talent within our culture and is one of the driving forces of it, but some of that s**t is weird to me," 50 said.
"That last record, to be honest, I'm not playing it right now. I still play 'Flashing Lights', 'Gold Digger' and that whole ('The College Dropout') project," he continued. "But some of the new stuff is so creative and feels like he's trying to create a whole new sound."
"It sounds scrambled... radio is going to play dance music, EDM - you got a lot of stuff happening in music culture that's influencing a lot of R&B music to that tempo," he added. "It doesn't feel like Hip-Hop to me, it feels like a fusion of something else, like a weird combination of dance music sounds and stuff."
"It's just him being an artist, you don't have to agree with everything an artist does. Like, I don't have a favorite artist, I have a favorite moment from artists. Like with Drake, there's songs he came out with and the timing was perfect for the record," he explained.
50 is not the only artist who has not-so-nice words for West's album, which was released last year. Earlier this year, Drake dissed the record in his interview with Rolling Stone. "There were some real questionable bars on there," the Toronto rapper said back in February.
"Like that 'Swaghili' line? Come on, man. Even Fabolous wouldn't say some s**t like that," he continued and quickly added, "Kanye's the reason I'm here. I love everything about that guy."
50 is currently preparing to release his new album, "Animal Ambition". The LP is scheduled to hit stores on June 3.
More 50 Cent News
- Saturn Awards 2017: 'Walking Dead', 'Westworld', 'Supergirl' Top TV Winners
- Tyra Banks Is Reportedly Readying for Baby No. 2
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott Flaunt Couple Rings Amid Rumors He Cheats on Her With 10 Women
- 'Castle Rock' Finds Its Female Lead in Melanie Lynskey
- Kendra Wilkinson Admits to Doing 'FaceTime Sex' With Husband Hank When in Long-Distance Relationship
- 'Big Brother' Season 19 Premiere: Biggest Twist Gets a Houseguest Evicted
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Enjoy Vacation in the Bahamas Amid Divorce
- Shia LaBeouf Flashes His Penis While Peeing at the Beach