First Picture From the Set of Duncan Jones' 'Warcraft'
Production on the adaptation of Blizzard's popular video game "Warcraft" has begun. The first look at the movie has been revealed in a behind-the-scene picture posted on Empire magazine. It shows the director Duncan Jones looking intently at the actors through the monitors.
Scripted by "Blood Diamond" writer Charles Leavitt, the flick will be set in a high-fantasy medieval-like world where gryphons, dragons, zombies, werewolves and elves exist. It is expected to deal with the first contact between humans and orcs, centering on Anduin Lothar and Durotan.
During an appearance at BlizzCon last year, Jones said the original script focused heavily on the human Alliance, which he was not fond of because he wanted to tell a two-side story on both races. "It's about both sides. It's going to be red and blue," he explained.
The film will star Ben Foster, Dominic Cooper, Toby Kebbell, Robert Kazinsky, Travis Fimmel, and Paula Patton. The big-screen adaptation is set to hit U.S. theaters staring March 11, 2016.
- Braless Kendall Risks Nip Slip in Revealing Gold Top, Kylie Flaunts Butt in Thong Bikini
- Ireland Baldwin Dances in the Ocean Completely Topless in Latest Love Advent Video
- The Ancient Princess Is Awakened in 'The Mummy' First Full Trailer
- Taylor Swift Sends Next Album's Material to Ex Tom Hiddleston - But Why?
- See Jennifer Aniston Help Vanessa Bayer Prepare for Rachel Spoof on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Selena Gomez Steps Out With New Haircut at Hollywood Hot Spot
- 'Moana' Remains at No. 1 at Box Office on Slow Weekend
- Are Steven Tyler and His 28-Year-Old Girlfriend Engaged? See the Proof