First Picture From the Set of Duncan Jones' 'Warcraft'
Production on the adaptation of Blizzard's popular video game "Warcraft" has begun. The first look at the movie has been revealed in a behind-the-scene picture posted on Empire magazine. It shows the director Duncan Jones looking intently at the actors through the monitors.
Scripted by "Blood Diamond" writer Charles Leavitt, the flick will be set in a high-fantasy medieval-like world where gryphons, dragons, zombies, werewolves and elves exist. It is expected to deal with the first contact between humans and orcs, centering on Anduin Lothar and Durotan.
During an appearance at BlizzCon last year, Jones said the original script focused heavily on the human Alliance, which he was not fond of because he wanted to tell a two-side story on both races. "It's about both sides. It's going to be red and blue," he explained.
The film will star Ben Foster, Dominic Cooper, Toby Kebbell, Robert Kazinsky, Travis Fimmel, and Paula Patton. The big-screen adaptation is set to hit U.S. theaters staring March 11, 2016.
- Kate Winslet Opens Up About Being Fat-Shamed as a Child: 'They Called Me Blubber'
- Justin Bieber and Koutney Kardashian Secretly Hooking Up in 'Love Nest'
- First Possible 'Marvel's Defenders' Art Promo and Logo Arrive Online
- Baby Before Marriage? Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Reportedly Expecting Their First Child
- 'DWTS' Pair Sharna Burgess and Bonner Bolton Fuel Dating Rumors With Flirty Night Out
- Meet Anthony Hopkins' Sidekick in New 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Motion Posters
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors