First Picture From the Set of Duncan Jones' 'Warcraft'
Production on the adaptation of Blizzard's popular video game "Warcraft" has begun. The first look at the movie has been revealed in a behind-the-scene picture posted on Empire magazine. It shows the director Duncan Jones looking intently at the actors through the monitors.
Scripted by "Blood Diamond" writer Charles Leavitt, the flick will be set in a high-fantasy medieval-like world where gryphons, dragons, zombies, werewolves and elves exist. It is expected to deal with the first contact between humans and orcs, centering on Anduin Lothar and Durotan.
During an appearance at BlizzCon last year, Jones said the original script focused heavily on the human Alliance, which he was not fond of because he wanted to tell a two-side story on both races. "It's about both sides. It's going to be red and blue," he explained.
The film will star Ben Foster, Dominic Cooper, Toby Kebbell, Robert Kazinsky, Travis Fimmel, and Paula Patton. The big-screen adaptation is set to hit U.S. theaters staring March 11, 2016.
More Warcraft News
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth