Amanda Seyfried Joins Joe Wright's Peter Pan Movie
Casting for Warner Bros.' Peter Pan origin film is complete. Rounding out the cast is Amanda Seyfried who is set to play Mary. She joins previously-confirmed members Hugh Jackman as Blackbeard, Garrett Hedlund as Hook, Rooney Mara as Tiger Lily, Adeel Akhtar as Smee, and Levi Miller as Peter.
Other newly-announced cast are Jack Charles ("Mystery Road") as The Chief/Tiger Lily's father; Taejoo Na ("The Kick") as Kwahu, Nonso Anozie ("Son of God", "Atonement") as Bishop, Kathy Burke ("Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy") as Mother Barnabas, Kurt Egyiawan ("Skyfall") as Murray, Lewis MacDougall ("In the Name of the Children") as Nibs, and newcomer Leni Zieglmeier as Wendy Darling.
Offering a new take on the origin of the classic characters created by J.M. Barrie, "Pan" follows the story of an orphan who is spirited away to the magical Neverland. There, he finds both fun and dangers, and ultimately discovers his destiny - to become the hero who will be forever known as Peter Pan.
Joe Wright is directing the pic from a screenplay by Jason Fuchs. Greg Berlanti, Paul Webster and Sarah Schechter are producing, with Tim Lewis serving as executive producer. Filming will take place at WarnerBros. Studios Leavesden. The film is set for a worldwide release on July 17, 2015.
More Pan News
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch