Amanda Seyfried Joins Joe Wright's Peter Pan Movie
Casting for Warner Bros.' Peter Pan origin film is complete. Rounding out the cast is Amanda Seyfried who is set to play Mary. She joins previously-confirmed members Hugh Jackman as Blackbeard, Garrett Hedlund as Hook, Rooney Mara as Tiger Lily, Adeel Akhtar as Smee, and Levi Miller as Peter.
Other newly-announced cast are Jack Charles ("Mystery Road") as The Chief/Tiger Lily's father; Taejoo Na ("The Kick") as Kwahu, Nonso Anozie ("Son of God", "Atonement") as Bishop, Kathy Burke ("Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy") as Mother Barnabas, Kurt Egyiawan ("Skyfall") as Murray, Lewis MacDougall ("In the Name of the Children") as Nibs, and newcomer Leni Zieglmeier as Wendy Darling.
Offering a new take on the origin of the classic characters created by J.M. Barrie, "Pan" follows the story of an orphan who is spirited away to the magical Neverland. There, he finds both fun and dangers, and ultimately discovers his destiny - to become the hero who will be forever known as Peter Pan.
Joe Wright is directing the pic from a screenplay by Jason Fuchs. Greg Berlanti, Paul Webster and Sarah Schechter are producing, with Tim Lewis serving as executive producer. Filming will take place at WarnerBros. Studios Leavesden. The film is set for a worldwide release on July 17, 2015.
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Livid at Kris Jenner, Says She Barely Gets Money From 'KUWTK'
- Paranoid Travis Scott Fears Kylie Jenner Is Just Using Him to Get Revenge on Tyga
- Park Bom Flaunts Backside in Skimpy Swimsuit
- Watch Fall Out Boy's Bizarre Clip for 'Young and Menace'
- Barack Obama Disses Donald Trump's Tweeting Habit