One Direction Accused of Copying Special Effect in 'You and I' Music Video
One Direction has been accused of copying the concept of their "You & I" music video. Australian company Oh Yeah Wow has claimed that the boys' new visuals, which features the "freeze" special effects, looks too similar to one that they created for a Melbourne-based band called Clubfeet.
The company recently addressed the similarities in a statement posted on their website. "Late Friday night whilst we were busy observing the good traditions of the public holiday, something very suspicious was brought to our attention," they wrote.
"It seems that the chaps of One Direction have taken it upon themselves to regurgitate our original concept, as seen in our award-winning clip for Clubfeet's 'Everything You Wanted'," they continued. "Don't get us wrong, we here at Oh Yeah Wow are big One Direction fans and are envious of their ability to maintain flawless hairdos."
"To be crystal clear, OYW has nothing against creative evolution. Artists constantly reinterpret other works that have inspired them and we're fine with people taking a technique and using it to create something new... The wider problem is, that plagiarism and copycatting is becoming increasingly common and acceptable," they added.
The music video for One Direction's latest single was directed by longtime collaborator Ben Winston at Clevedon Pier outside of Somerset, England. The director, who also worked with the boys for their "Best Song Ever" and "Story of My Life" videos, hasn't commented on the news yet.
Clubfeet's "Everything You Want":
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation