'American Idol' Results: C.J. Harris Doesn't Make It to Top 5
Five singing hopefuls are closer to be the next "American Idol" while one contestant had to stop his dream to be the winner of season 13. On Thursday night, April 24, the show cut another finalist to reveal the Top 5.
Caleb Johnson and Jena Irene, who delivered strong performances on Wednesday, got support from former "Idol" champion Carrie Underwood. "So impressed tonight by both @CalebPJohnson & @JenaAsciutto1 You made my songs sound so good! You should be proud...I know I am!" she tweeted after the two covered her songs.
Caleb and Jena as well as Sam Woolf and Alex Preston were deemed safe, leaving C.J. Harris and Jessica Meuse in the Bottom Two. In-house mentor Randy Jackson said in his review of last night's performances, "C.J. had some struggles last night. The first song was good, 'American Woman'. The second (Zac Brown Band's 'Whatever It Is') was not so good." As for Jena, Randy said she had "a solid night" but he's not sure "if the performances gave the judges everything they needed to hear."
Americans, however, thought Jena was good enough and saved her for another week. This meant C.J. got sent packing. Asked by host Ryan Seacrest what he would change if he could do Wednesday over, the 23-year-old singer from Alabama said, "I probably would have picked a better song choice."
More American Idol News
- Blac Chyna Celebrates 40-Pound Weight Loss by Posing Nude in Bed
- Kristen Stewart In Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'
- Jamie Chung to Play Blink in FOX's 'X-Men' Pilot
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'