'Man of Steel' Sequel Taps Stage Actor to Play Cyborg
The sequel to "Man of Steel" has thrown Cyborg into the mix. Stage actor Ray Fisher is cast to play the new superhero in the film, joining Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Gal Gadot who take the roles of Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman respectively.
According to Variety, Cyborg aka Victor Stone has a minor role in "Man of Steel 2" but the film is a platform, meaning he will have a "much more significant" part to play in future DC Comics-based films "related to the Justice League universe." Cyborg first appeared in 1980's "DC Comics Presents" #26, became a member of Teen Titans and later co-founded Justice League.
Besides the aforementioned actors, the movie has Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor and Jeremy Irons as Alfred. Several actors have also been cast but their roles are not yet revealed due to the producers' intention to keep the plot under wrap.
Although the Zack Snyder-directed movie is yet to get an official title, it has been scheduled to be released on May 6, 2016. The third "Captain America" movie is also scheduled to hit theaters on the same date.
- Jennifer Aniston Bares Her Boobs While Sunbathing in Italy
- A Version of Britney Spears' 'Make Me' Without G-Eazy Surfaces Online
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6