'Man of Steel' Sequel Taps Stage Actor to Play Cyborg
The sequel to "Man of Steel" has thrown Cyborg into the mix. Stage actor Ray Fisher is cast to play the new superhero in the film, joining Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Gal Gadot who take the roles of Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman respectively.
According to Variety, Cyborg aka Victor Stone has a minor role in "Man of Steel 2" but the film is a platform, meaning he will have a "much more significant" part to play in future DC Comics-based films "related to the Justice League universe." Cyborg first appeared in 1980's "DC Comics Presents" #26, became a member of Teen Titans and later co-founded Justice League.
Besides the aforementioned actors, the movie has Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor and Jeremy Irons as Alfred. Several actors have also been cast but their roles are not yet revealed due to the producers' intention to keep the plot under wrap.
Although the Zack Snyder-directed movie is yet to get an official title, it has been scheduled to be released on May 6, 2016. The third "Captain America" movie is also scheduled to hit theaters on the same date.
- Caitlyn Jenner Defends Daughter Kendall After the Infamous Pepsi Ad Debacle
- Ben Affleck 'Enjoys Being Single' After Divorcing Jennifer Garner
- Cashmere Cat Previews New Single 'Quit' Ft. Ariana Grande
- 'Scream' Season 3 to Get Makeover With New Cast and Location
- Drake Throws Shade at Jennifer Lopez While Staying at the Same Resort Shortly After Her Visit
- Stephen Colbert and Conan O'Brien Joke About Ivanka Trump Getting Booed in Germany
- Ewan McGregor Is in Talks to Star in Disney's 'Christopher Robin'
- Khloe Kardashian Hit With Lawsuit for Sharing Unlicensed Photo of Herself on Instagram