'Man of Steel' Sequel Taps Stage Actor to Play Cyborg
The sequel to "Man of Steel" has thrown Cyborg into the mix. Stage actor Ray Fisher is cast to play the new superhero in the film, joining Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Gal Gadot who take the roles of Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman respectively.
According to Variety, Cyborg aka Victor Stone has a minor role in "Man of Steel 2" but the film is a platform, meaning he will have a "much more significant" part to play in future DC Comics-based films "related to the Justice League universe." Cyborg first appeared in 1980's "DC Comics Presents" #26, became a member of Teen Titans and later co-founded Justice League.
Besides the aforementioned actors, the movie has Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor and Jeremy Irons as Alfred. Several actors have also been cast but their roles are not yet revealed due to the producers' intention to keep the plot under wrap.
Although the Zack Snyder-directed movie is yet to get an official title, it has been scheduled to be released on May 6, 2016. The third "Captain America" movie is also scheduled to hit theaters on the same date.
More Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story