'Man of Steel' Sequel Taps Stage Actor to Play Cyborg
The sequel to "Man of Steel" has thrown Cyborg into the mix. Stage actor Ray Fisher is cast to play the new superhero in the film, joining Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Gal Gadot who take the roles of Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman respectively.
According to Variety, Cyborg aka Victor Stone has a minor role in "Man of Steel 2" but the film is a platform, meaning he will have a "much more significant" part to play in future DC Comics-based films "related to the Justice League universe." Cyborg first appeared in 1980's "DC Comics Presents" #26, became a member of Teen Titans and later co-founded Justice League.
Besides the aforementioned actors, the movie has Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor and Jeremy Irons as Alfred. Several actors have also been cast but their roles are not yet revealed due to the producers' intention to keep the plot under wrap.
Although the Zack Snyder-directed movie is yet to get an official title, it has been scheduled to be released on May 6, 2016. The third "Captain America" movie is also scheduled to hit theaters on the same date.
- Shia LaBeouf Flashes His Penis While Peeing at the Beach
- Mila Kunis and Kristen Bell Boozing and Whining in 'Bad Moms Christmas' Red Band Teaser Trailer
- Alec Baldwin Accidentally Reveals He and Wife Hilaria Are Renewing Their Wedding Vows
- Here's John Mayer's Cool Response to Katy Perry Ranking Him No. 1 in Bed
- Taylor Swift Is Working on Collaboration With Drake
- Emilia Clarke Says Being a Woman in Hollywood Is 'Like Dealing With Racism'
- Is Rihanna's New Man Hassan Jameel the Reason Behind Her Alleged Feud With Naomi Campbell?
- MTV Responds to Criticism Over 'Teen Mom OG' Star Ryan Edwards' DUI Scene