Katy Perry Crashes Birthday Parties in New Music Video
The music video for Katy Perry's latest single "Birthday" has arrived in full for fans' viewing pleasure. Co-directed by Marc Klasfeld and Danny Lockwood, the eight-minute hilarious clip features the singer making surprise appearances at several birthday parties.
At the first party, Perry helps celebrate a birthday of an elder named Bernie as Goldie the dancer. The 29-year-old singer transforms into a grey-haired old lady who gives the birthday boy, who turns 90, a lap dance. She later goes to a bar mitzvah and fails to entertain the crowd as Yosef Shulem the MC.
At the next party, she turns into Kriss the clown and ruins the whole celebration. She then messes up another party as Ace the animal trainer before attending a girl's party as face painter Princess Mandee. During the latter event, Perry excites the kids when she reveals her real identity.
"The video for #Birthday is the most insane one I've ever done," she wrote on Twitter earlier this week. She also said similar thing in a recent interview with HitFix. "I wish I could say it's sexy, but it's not," she told the site. "It's me at my most insane."
"Birthday" is the fourth single taken from "Prism", Perry's latest chart-topping album. The track serves as the follow-up to Juicy J-assisted "Dark Horse" which peaked at No. 1 on Billboard 100.
More Katy Perry News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'