'Jem and the Holograms' Reveals Cast and First Key Art
"Jem and the Holograms" is moving on in a rather fast pace. It was only last month that Jon M. Chu was announced as the director of the live action movie but today the lead cast have been revealed in addition to the first images of them in costume.
"Nashville" actress Aubrey Peeples will play the lead character Jem while the Holograms will be played by Stefanie Scott, Aurora Perrineau and Hayley Kiyoko. This is the first major film role for Peeples whose credits are mostly TV movies and series appearances. Scott will portray Jem's sister Kimber, Perrineau will be Shana and Kiyoko is Aja.
Per THR, "Jem and the Holograms" is developed based on the 1980s Hasbro toyline and the cartoon version. Jem is the singing alter ego of Jerrica Benton who fronts a band called The Holograms. With the band, Jem embarks on an adventure in Los Angeles in attempt to unlock a final message left by her father.
Shooting has already begun and the production is expected to be wrapped up sometime in 2015.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'