George Clooney Rips Steve Wynn for Insulting President Obama
George Clooney, who is a supporter of President Obama, and Steve Wynn recently had a heated exchange after the casino developer insulted the president. The pair's argument, which ended up with Clooney storming off a dinner, took place during at Botero restaurant inside Wynn's Encore hotel in Las Vegas two weeks ago.
"There were 9 people at that table ... So you can ask them ... Steve likes to go on rants ... HE called the president an a**hole ... that is a fact," Clooney explained the incident in a statement released to media via his publicist. "I said that the President was my longtime friend and then he said 'your friend is an a**hole'... At that point I told Steve that HE was an a**hole and that I wasn't going to sit at his table while he was being such a jack**s. And I walked out."
"There were obviously quite a few more adjectives and adverbs used by both of us as I left. Those are all the facts. It had nothing to do with politics and everything to do with character," it concluded.
Wynn also shared his side of the story. As reported by Las Vegas Review Journal, Wynn said that the star of "The Monuments Men" "got drunk" and "threw a hissy fit" following a joke about former Soviet Union President Mikhail Gorbachev made by a CAA exec seated at their table.
"Then he sat down and started talking about the Affordable Care Act, and that's when I spoke up," Wynn added. "He didn't like that either. I think my discussion about the Affordable Care Act was the straw that broke the camel's back."
"Clooney's fun to be with when he's sober," Wynn continued saying of the actor. "If you have a chance to drink with him, you want to get there early, and don't stay late."
Clooney's friend Rande Gerber who was also at the event, however, told TMZ that the actor was not drunk. "We weren't drunk," Gerber said, before adding that the heated conversation was not about politics. "This wasn't about politics. It was about George standing up for a friend," explained Gerber, who is also Clooney's business partner at tequila company called Casamigos.
More George Clooney News
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour