Coldplay Gets NBC Concert Special, Debuts New Song 'Oceans'
Coldplay teams up with NBC to bring a new experience of enjoying their concert on the small screen. The band has announced a one-hour concert special titled "Coldplay: Ghost Stories" which will air Sunday, May 18, at 7 P.M. ET/PT on the network.
To premiere one day before their sixth studio album "Ghost Stories" hits the stores, the TV special will feature new songs from their latest album, including "Magic", "Viva La Vida", "Paradise" and "Clocks". It was filmed in March when the band played the album to an audience of 800 in Los Angeles.
The concert special will blend live footage with "360-degree imagery" and present "an immersive blend of light and video, dramatic staging and an intimate world-premiere performance." Coldplay, Paul Normandale and Misty Buckley planned the special and Paul Dugdale directed it.
In other Coldplay news, the British band has just debuted a new song titled "Oceans" off their upcoming album. The Chris Martin-fronted group played the downtempo track in the BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge, with Martin in charge of the vocals and playing an acoustic guitar.
"Behind the walls, love/ I'm trying to change/ I'm ready for it all, love.../ I'm ready for the pain," he sang about trying to fix a relationship. "So meet under blue sky/ Meet me again/ In the rain."
"Coldplay: Ghost Stories" Trailer:
More Coldplay News
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M
- Mandy Moore Talks About Her Lesbian Mother and Gay Brothers