Coldplay Gets NBC Concert Special, Debuts New Song 'Oceans'
Coldplay teams up with NBC to bring a new experience of enjoying their concert on the small screen. The band has announced a one-hour concert special titled "Coldplay: Ghost Stories" which will air Sunday, May 18, at 7 P.M. ET/PT on the network.
To premiere one day before their sixth studio album "Ghost Stories" hits the stores, the TV special will feature new songs from their latest album, including "Magic", "Viva La Vida", "Paradise" and "Clocks". It was filmed in March when the band played the album to an audience of 800 in Los Angeles.
The concert special will blend live footage with "360-degree imagery" and present "an immersive blend of light and video, dramatic staging and an intimate world-premiere performance." Coldplay, Paul Normandale and Misty Buckley planned the special and Paul Dugdale directed it.
In other Coldplay news, the British band has just debuted a new song titled "Oceans" off their upcoming album. The Chris Martin-fronted group played the downtempo track in the BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge, with Martin in charge of the vocals and playing an acoustic guitar.
"Behind the walls, love/ I'm trying to change/ I'm ready for it all, love.../ I'm ready for the pain," he sang about trying to fix a relationship. "So meet under blue sky/ Meet me again/ In the rain."
"Coldplay: Ghost Stories" Trailer:
Coldplay - "Oceans" (BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge)
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal