RZA Reacts to Raekwon's Backlash Over Wu-Tang Clan's New Album
RZA has responded to Raekwon's criticisms regarding Wu-Tang Clan's upcoming album "A Better Tomorrow". RZA told Sports Illustrated, "The album is slated to come out in July. If we don't come to terms within the next 30 days, then this will have to be an album without Raekwon or an album that never sees the light of day."
"That's a very strong potential. I would never want to put out a Wu-Tang album without every member available. At the same time, I don't want the fans to not have this incredible music we've been working on for the last year. So that's going to be a tough decision, but we have about 30 days to make that decision and come to that conclusion."
Raekwon didn't hold back when he expressed his displeasure at the outcome of the album, especially the new single "Keep Watch". Calling it "mediocre," he blasted, "I hate it. I hate it. I don't hate s**t, but I hate that f**kin' record." He added, "The bottom line: I'm not happy with that. I'm not happy with the direction of the music."
Of his bandmate, he said to Rolling Stone, "As far as the RZA, I respect him, I love him - the love ain't gonna go anywhere - but you're not in the music world no more. So to me, you need to take a backseat and respect the n***as that is playing the game. I'm always out in the field and finding out what's going on with the new. Period."
In a separate chat with New York radio station Hot 97, RZA responded, "We can call it arguing or we can call it building. What we're not doing as brothers and as business brothers is putting time together. So I gotta read about how he feel. He gotta read about how I feel. I try to make myself as available as I can. I won't deny; I'm a busy man."
The rapper who will next star in "Brick Mansions" added, "We did speak six, seven days ago and he gave me his demands, which we presented to the company. If they can be reached, they can be reached. If they can't, they can't. And if they can't, then we have to reevaluate what we're going to do. But there was no lying there."
"When you form Voltron, you need every piece," RZA continued, before reiterating, "We need him there. I want him there. I ask him over and over to be there. Let's just come together. Put some time together and make some music and see what comes out of it."
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier