'Frozen' Soundtrack Scores 11th Win on Hot 200 With Biggest Sales Week
Already months since it was first released in November last year, "Frozen (2013)" soundtrack has achieved more impressive feats. The album has posted its biggest sales week yet with 259,000 copies, sealing its 11th non-consecutive win on Billboard's Hot 200. It's up 94% compared to the previous week, boosted by Easter holiday shopping.
Accordingly, the soundtrack album breaks the record for the most number of weeks atop the U.S. album chart by the soundtrack for an animated picture. It surpasses "The Lion King" soundtrack which previously held the record with 10 weeks.
Four new releases round up the Top 10 this week. August Alsina's first album "Testimony" debuts at No. 2 with 67,000 copies and takes the reign on R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart. Needtobreathe's "Rivers in the Wasteland" enters the chart at No. 3 with 49,000 copies, Jason Derulo's "Talk Dirty" arrives at No. 4 with a 44,000-unit week, followed by Ingrid Michaelson's "Lights Out" which sold 37,000 copies in its first week.
The rest in the Top 10 belongs to holdovers. Luke Bryan's "Crash My Party" climbs two spots from No. 8 to No. 6 after selling additional 33,000 copies (up 77%). Pharrell Williams' "G I R L" sinks 2-7 despite gaining a 12% increase (just under 33,000).
Lorde's "Pure Heroine" re-enters the Top 10 at No. 8 with (26,000; up 62% increase). 5 Seconds of Summer's "She Looks So Perfect" dips 3-9 with just under 26,000 copies, and the "Now 49" compilation climbs 13-10 with additional 22,000 copies (up 45%).
- "Frozen (2013)" Soundtrack - Various Artists (259,000)
- "Testimony" - August Alsina (67,000)
- "Rivers in the Wasteland" - Needtobreathe (49,000)
- "Talk Dirty" - Jason Derulo (44,000)
- "Lights Out" - Ingrid Michaelson (37,000)
- "Crash My Party" - Luke Bryan (33,000)
- "G I R L" - Pharrell Williams (just under 33,000)
- "Pure Heroine" - Lorde (26,000)
- "She Looks So Perfect" - 5 Seconds of Summer (just under 26,000)
- "Now 49" Album - Various Artists (22,000)
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video and Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo