Lupita Nyong'o and Scarlett Johansson in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book'
Disney is eying Lupita Nyong'o and Scarlett Johansson to be added to the cast ensemble of its live action/CGI hybrid adaption of "The Jungle Book". According to The Hollywood Reporter, the two movie beauties are in negotiations to voice major characters in the flick.
The "12 Years a Slave" star is final talks to play Rakcha, a mother wolf who adopts Mowgli. Meanwhile, the Black Widow depicter in Marvel cinematic universe is in earlier negotiations to voice Kaa, the python who preys other animals and lures its victims by hypnotizing them.
In Rudyard Kipling's classic tale, Kaa is the second villain for Mowgli. The other enemy is man-eating tiger, Shere Khan, to be voiced by Idris Elba. No actor has been announced for the main character and his trusty pals, Baloo the bear and Bagheera the panther.
Jon Favreau directs the upcoming adaptation, while the visual effects will be overseen by Oscar-winning Rob Legato ("Avatar", "The Wolf of Wall Street", "Hugo", "Titanic"), and Justin Marks ("Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li") writes the script.
The Mouse House plans to release the movie across the country on October 9, 2015. They are on a fast track to keep up with rival project developed by Warner Bros. Andy Serkis sits behind the lens for WB's "The Jungle Book (2016)", while "Harry Potter" scribe Steve Kloves serves as a producer and his daughter Callie Kloves writes the script. No cast has been announced.
More The Jungle Book News
- Kylie Jenner Asks Tyga to Move Back Into Her House
- Rihanna Is Unhappy Kanye West Put Her in Bed With Donald Trump and George W. Bush in 'Famous' Video
- Iggy Azalea Gets Thanked for 'Ruining Hip-Hop.' See Her Reaction
- Winona Ryder Defends Ex Johnny Depp Against Amber Heard's Abuse Allegations
- 'Star Trek Beyond' New Trailer: Captain Kirk Makes His Last Report
- Tyrese Gibson Confirms Return to 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Chris Brown Sued by Suge Knight Over 2014 Club Shooting. What's Breezy's Fault?
- Taylor Swift Tells Her Friends She's 'in Love' With Tom Hiddleston as Couple Enjoy Roman Holiday