Chris Brown Heads Back to Jail as His Assault Trial Is Delayed
Chris Brown apparently has to stay in jail for a bit longer. The R&B singer, who is accused of hitting a man outside a hotel in Washington D.C. in October, was scheduled to stand trial on Wednesday, April 23. The trial, however, has been delayed. NBC4 reports that no specific date has been set.
Brown's bodyguard Christopher Hollosy, who was arrested for an assault charge along with the singer, was found guilty in a separate trial earlier this week and his sentencing is scheduled for June 25. Hollosy, who is scheduled to testify in Brown's case, refused to testify out of fear of self-incrimination because he planned to appeal his own conviction. Prosecutors did not grant Hollosy's request for immunity because they believe he might lie. The appeal may take months.
Brown's legal team in Los Angeles sought release on bail or his own recognizance on Wednesday, but the judge said he would stay in custody. He will be traveling to the city with the method of transport called "Con-Air" alongside other prisoners. A May 1 court session has been set to determine whether the judge will release Brown.
"I think it's a little over the top to have him in custody on this misdemeanor when everybody saw the bodyguard's trial and which was nothing more than a bloody nose," Brown's attorney Mark Geragos said in Washington, as quoted by CNN. "And you have got the bodyguard who was convicted and who readily admitted he was the one who did the punching. So all of this is much ado about nothing."
More Chris Brown News
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed