Chris Brown Heads Back to Jail as His Assault Trial Is Delayed
Chris Brown apparently has to stay in jail for a bit longer. The R&B singer, who is accused of hitting a man outside a hotel in Washington D.C. in October, was scheduled to stand trial on Wednesday, April 23. The trial, however, has been delayed. NBC4 reports that no specific date has been set.
Brown's bodyguard Christopher Hollosy, who was arrested for an assault charge along with the singer, was found guilty in a separate trial earlier this week and his sentencing is scheduled for June 25. Hollosy, who is scheduled to testify in Brown's case, refused to testify out of fear of self-incrimination because he planned to appeal his own conviction. Prosecutors did not grant Hollosy's request for immunity because they believe he might lie. The appeal may take months.
Brown's legal team in Los Angeles sought release on bail or his own recognizance on Wednesday, but the judge said he would stay in custody. He will be traveling to the city with the method of transport called "Con-Air" alongside other prisoners. A May 1 court session has been set to determine whether the judge will release Brown.
"I think it's a little over the top to have him in custody on this misdemeanor when everybody saw the bodyguard's trial and which was nothing more than a bloody nose," Brown's attorney Mark Geragos said in Washington, as quoted by CNN. "And you have got the bodyguard who was convicted and who readily admitted he was the one who did the punching. So all of this is much ado about nothing."
More Chris Brown News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics