Chris Brown Heads Back to Jail as His Assault Trial Is Delayed
Chris Brown apparently has to stay in jail for a bit longer. The R&B singer, who is accused of hitting a man outside a hotel in Washington D.C. in October, was scheduled to stand trial on Wednesday, April 23. The trial, however, has been delayed. NBC4 reports that no specific date has been set.
Brown's bodyguard Christopher Hollosy, who was arrested for an assault charge along with the singer, was found guilty in a separate trial earlier this week and his sentencing is scheduled for June 25. Hollosy, who is scheduled to testify in Brown's case, refused to testify out of fear of self-incrimination because he planned to appeal his own conviction. Prosecutors did not grant Hollosy's request for immunity because they believe he might lie. The appeal may take months.
Brown's legal team in Los Angeles sought release on bail or his own recognizance on Wednesday, but the judge said he would stay in custody. He will be traveling to the city with the method of transport called "Con-Air" alongside other prisoners. A May 1 court session has been set to determine whether the judge will release Brown.
"I think it's a little over the top to have him in custody on this misdemeanor when everybody saw the bodyguard's trial and which was nothing more than a bloody nose," Brown's attorney Mark Geragos said in Washington, as quoted by CNN. "And you have got the bodyguard who was convicted and who readily admitted he was the one who did the punching. So all of this is much ado about nothing."
More Chris Brown News
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Slammed by Haters for Sharing 'Materialistic' Photos of Her Kids
- Surprise! Justin Bieber and Zayn Malik Are Planning a Collaboration
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' May Flash Back to World War II
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder