'Orange Is the New Black' Shares First Scene From Season 2
"Orange Is the New Black" won't return until June, but the first scene from the upcoming second season has been made available for viewing pleasure. Making its way out via Entertainment Weekly, the 50-second snippet features Taylor Schilling's Piper Chapman in solitary confinement.
She gets awakened by a prison guard who tells her to stand up. Piper, instead, asks about her breakfast, prompting the officer to mock her for using her egg yolk to paint something on the wall. Piper calls the portrait "thirsty bird." When the officer tells her that she won't be able to finish the painting, she demands an explanation.
The new season of the prison drama will debut June 6 on Netflix. Series creator Jenji Kohan says the second installment will be "a little darker, a little more fractured." She dishes, "We wanted to explore the groups one at a time. It was getting a little summer-campy, and we wanted to address the realities that this is prison," adding, "We needed a little more drama."
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy