'Orange Is the New Black' Shares First Scene From Season 2
"Orange Is the New Black" won't return until June, but the first scene from the upcoming second season has been made available for viewing pleasure. Making its way out via Entertainment Weekly, the 50-second snippet features Taylor Schilling's Piper Chapman in solitary confinement.
She gets awakened by a prison guard who tells her to stand up. Piper, instead, asks about her breakfast, prompting the officer to mock her for using her egg yolk to paint something on the wall. Piper calls the portrait "thirsty bird." When the officer tells her that she won't be able to finish the painting, she demands an explanation.
The new season of the prison drama will debut June 6 on Netflix. Series creator Jenji Kohan says the second installment will be "a little darker, a little more fractured." She dishes, "We wanted to explore the groups one at a time. It was getting a little summer-campy, and we wanted to address the realities that this is prison," adding, "We needed a little more drama."
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos