'Orange Is the New Black' Shares First Scene From Season 2
"Orange Is the New Black" won't return until June, but the first scene from the upcoming second season has been made available for viewing pleasure. Making its way out via Entertainment Weekly, the 50-second snippet features Taylor Schilling's Piper Chapman in solitary confinement.
She gets awakened by a prison guard who tells her to stand up. Piper, instead, asks about her breakfast, prompting the officer to mock her for using her egg yolk to paint something on the wall. Piper calls the portrait "thirsty bird." When the officer tells her that she won't be able to finish the painting, she demands an explanation.
The new season of the prison drama will debut June 6 on Netflix. Series creator Jenji Kohan says the second installment will be "a little darker, a little more fractured." She dishes, "We wanted to explore the groups one at a time. It was getting a little summer-campy, and we wanted to address the realities that this is prison," adding, "We needed a little more drama."
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'