'Orange Is the New Black' Shares First Scene From Season 2
"Orange Is the New Black" won't return until June, but the first scene from the upcoming second season has been made available for viewing pleasure. Making its way out via Entertainment Weekly, the 50-second snippet features Taylor Schilling's Piper Chapman in solitary confinement.
She gets awakened by a prison guard who tells her to stand up. Piper, instead, asks about her breakfast, prompting the officer to mock her for using her egg yolk to paint something on the wall. Piper calls the portrait "thirsty bird." When the officer tells her that she won't be able to finish the painting, she demands an explanation.
The new season of the prison drama will debut June 6 on Netflix. Series creator Jenji Kohan says the second installment will be "a little darker, a little more fractured." She dishes, "We wanted to explore the groups one at a time. It was getting a little summer-campy, and we wanted to address the realities that this is prison," adding, "We needed a little more drama."
More Orange Is the New Black News
- See Black Lightning in Costume in First Look of The CW's New Series
- Kim Kardashian Channels Kris Jenner for a Sexy Photoshoot - Check Out Her Wild Look!
- 'The Mindy Project' Renewed for Sixth and Final Season on Hulu
- Rob Kardashian 'Fears' Blac Chyna Will Come for Him After Calling Out Tyga
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage