'Orange Is the New Black' Shares First Scene From Season 2
"Orange Is the New Black" won't return until June, but the first scene from the upcoming second season has been made available for viewing pleasure. Making its way out via Entertainment Weekly, the 50-second snippet features Taylor Schilling's Piper Chapman in solitary confinement.
She gets awakened by a prison guard who tells her to stand up. Piper, instead, asks about her breakfast, prompting the officer to mock her for using her egg yolk to paint something on the wall. Piper calls the portrait "thirsty bird." When the officer tells her that she won't be able to finish the painting, she demands an explanation.
The new season of the prison drama will debut June 6 on Netflix. Series creator Jenji Kohan says the second installment will be "a little darker, a little more fractured." She dishes, "We wanted to explore the groups one at a time. It was getting a little summer-campy, and we wanted to address the realities that this is prison," adding, "We needed a little more drama."
More Orange Is the New Black News
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them