Matt Bomer Married His Partner Simon Halls Three Years Ago
Matthew Bomer actually has been married to his partner Simon Halls for three years. The star of "White Collar" confirms the news in the latest issue of Details magazine in which he promotes his upcoming project, Ryan Murphy's TV movie adaptation of "The Normal Heart". Bomer and the Hollywood publicist have 6-year-old twin sons and an 8-year-old son.
Bomer opened up about his sexuality when he accepted an award at the Desert AIDS Project's Steve Chase Humanitarian Awards in Palm Springs in 2012. "I'd really especially like to thank my beautiful family: Simon, Kit, Walker, Henry. Thank you for teaching me what unconditional love is. You will always be my proudest accomplishment. God bless you," he said back then.
Bomer plays a man with AIDS in the new movie. In the magazine interview, the actor mentions the original play's writer Larry Kramer for his contribution to promoting equal rights, including same-sex marriage. "I wouldn't have a lot of the rights I have today if it wasn't for people like Larry," he says. "I just wanted to be involved with the project in some capacity. I didn't care what my part was," he adds of joining the movie cast.
The 36-year-old star also reveals that he consulted with doctors, had a 14-day alkalized-water, juice, tea and enzyme cleanse and talked to his "Magic Mike" co-star Matthew McConaughey to prepare for his role following the Oscar-winning actor's experience with "Dallas Buyers Club". Bomer, who lost 40 pounds for the movie, shares, "He called me and walked me through what he did. It was very generous, but I took a slightly different path."
More Matthew Bomer News
- Watch Juicy J and Kanye West in 'Ballin' Video
- Tina Fey Suggested Alec Baldwin to Play Donald Trump on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Watch Ben Affleck and Matt Damon Hilariously Argue Over Who's Closer to Tom Brady
- Daisy Ridley, Judi Dench and More A-Listers Join Johnny Depp in 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Confirmed! Lady GaGa Is Headlining 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young