Matt Bomer Married His Partner Simon Halls Three Years Ago
Matthew Bomer actually has been married to his partner Simon Halls for three years. The star of "White Collar" confirms the news in the latest issue of Details magazine in which he promotes his upcoming project, Ryan Murphy's TV movie adaptation of "The Normal Heart". Bomer and the Hollywood publicist have 6-year-old twin sons and an 8-year-old son.
Bomer opened up about his sexuality when he accepted an award at the Desert AIDS Project's Steve Chase Humanitarian Awards in Palm Springs in 2012. "I'd really especially like to thank my beautiful family: Simon, Kit, Walker, Henry. Thank you for teaching me what unconditional love is. You will always be my proudest accomplishment. God bless you," he said back then.
Bomer plays a man with AIDS in the new movie. In the magazine interview, the actor mentions the original play's writer Larry Kramer for his contribution to promoting equal rights, including same-sex marriage. "I wouldn't have a lot of the rights I have today if it wasn't for people like Larry," he says. "I just wanted to be involved with the project in some capacity. I didn't care what my part was," he adds of joining the movie cast.
The 36-year-old star also reveals that he consulted with doctors, had a 14-day alkalized-water, juice, tea and enzyme cleanse and talked to his "Magic Mike" co-star Matthew McConaughey to prepare for his role following the Oscar-winning actor's experience with "Dallas Buyers Club". Bomer, who lost 40 pounds for the movie, shares, "He called me and walked me through what he did. It was very generous, but I took a slightly different path."
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show