Beyonce Featured in Boots' Track 'Dreams'
Boots worked a lot with Beyonce Knowles for the tracks in her latest chart-topping album, "Beyonce". Now, the producer releases his own song called "Dream" and manages to have Beyonce's vocal added to it.
The mid-tempo track, like its title, has a dream-like feel. The first two minutes of the record features Beyonce serving as a backing vocalist for her collaborator. Mid-song, the diva showcases her smooth and amazing vocals as she drops some verses solo.
"Cause baby we've got a lot of life to live/ You're the only one that I could stand by/ And baby we've got a lot of love to give/ And baby we could put the whole world on standby," she coos.
"So this is the last song on my mixtape. My friend and I recorded it recently and while we were trying to figure out what to do with it, we had an idea," Boots, whose real name is Jordy Asher, said of the track in a statement posted on his Facebook page on Tuesday, April 22. His mixtape, "WinterSpringSummerFall", is planned to be released this fall.
Boots went on revealing that the proceeds from the song would be donated to Day One, a New York City-based non-profit that focuses on ending dating violence.
"I feel that protecting women from these horrible and unthinkable acts should take precedence in our society," he continued. "I feel passionate about this because if more women knew that safe places existed from the turmoil they experience, it could possibly prevent these situations from occurring or reoccurring."
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'