Beyonce Featured in Boots' Track 'Dreams'
Boots worked a lot with Beyonce Knowles for the tracks in her latest chart-topping album, "Beyonce". Now, the producer releases his own song called "Dream" and manages to have Beyonce's vocal added to it.
The mid-tempo track, like its title, has a dream-like feel. The first two minutes of the record features Beyonce serving as a backing vocalist for her collaborator. Mid-song, the diva showcases her smooth and amazing vocals as she drops some verses solo.
"Cause baby we've got a lot of life to live/ You're the only one that I could stand by/ And baby we've got a lot of love to give/ And baby we could put the whole world on standby," she coos.
"So this is the last song on my mixtape. My friend and I recorded it recently and while we were trying to figure out what to do with it, we had an idea," Boots, whose real name is Jordy Asher, said of the track in a statement posted on his Facebook page on Tuesday, April 22. His mixtape, "WinterSpringSummerFall", is planned to be released this fall.
Boots went on revealing that the proceeds from the song would be donated to Day One, a New York City-based non-profit that focuses on ending dating violence.
"I feel that protecting women from these horrible and unthinkable acts should take precedence in our society," he continued. "I feel passionate about this because if more women knew that safe places existed from the turmoil they experience, it could possibly prevent these situations from occurring or reoccurring."
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones